Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rob Evan talks Rocktopia and Spring Tour in radio interview
Vocalist Rob Evan was on Cleveland radio with DJ Bill Louis on September 23rd and he talks quite a bit about his Rocktopia show (which is going to be on PBS stations) and his upcoming Spring tour.  He also talks a bit about his background - playing football and getting on Broadway.

It's only 8 minutes long, but a good listen:

http://cbsloc.al/2dqTiSN

And for anyone that hasn't seen it , this is a highlight clip from the Rocktopia show:
Looks pretty awesome.

(09-24-2016, 12:54 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Vocalist Rob Evan was on Cleveland radio with DJ Bill Louis on September 23rd and he talks quite a bit about his Rocktopia show (which is going to be on PBS stations) and his upcoming Spring tour.  He also talks a bit about his background - playing football and getting on Broadway.

It's only 8 minutes long, but a good listen:

http://cbsloc.al/2dqTiSN

And for anyone that hasn't seen it , this is a highlight clip from the Rocktopia show:
Tony Vincent! I didn't know he was involved!
Got to see Rob and Chloe yesterday afternoon in Harrisburg, PA with the Harrisburg Symphony. It was for the little Rock On series. Once again, you just can't say anything bad about these guys, it was a great show even if they did a few tunes that should never be heard again, like Hotel California and Stairway to Heaven (the most overplayed songs of a generation) but they pulled it off really well. The guitar player did the acoustic part of Stairway perfectly.

It was kinda sad to see that most of the audience was, shall we say, "older"? Most wouldn't know Led Zeppelin from the Hindenburg, although I'm sure many were in their prime when the blimp was destroyed.

A valuable lesson I learned that when attending a concert with a symphony orchestra and a rock band, you don't want to sit up close, the sound is kinda bad, well, not really bad, just not clear. Couldn't figure out why the seats in the 3rd row center were so cheap; now I know.

I'm thinking Rocktopia should be great.
I purchased a ticket for the performance in Cincinnati on April 1
Dates announced thus far:

Apr 01 Aronoff Center Cincinnati, OH
Apr 13 State Theater Cleveland, OH
Apr 18 Broward Center for The Performing Arts Fort Lauderdale, FL
Apr 20 Woodruff Arts Center Atlanta, GA