Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long-time TSO drummer John O'Reilly joins The Wizards of Winter!
(06-20-2018, 02:26 PM)sundance7490 Wrote: I am beyond thrilled to hear this! I was hoping John wouldn't be gone long from our sight for very long. I might be able to catch The Wizards when they go to Arizona! If I can go there to see TSO I sure as heck can go support he and Guy LeMonnier, and Tony Gaynor in Wizards Wink The three of them were some of the first ones I saw in 2006. I haven't seen Guy or Tony since then. Has anyone on these boards gotten the chance to see The Wizards? What do you think of them if so?

I’ve seen them many times. They are part of my holiday concert going each year since 2013 along with TSO. I love their concerts.  Their original music is amazing - healthy dose of prog mixed with earworm-melodies.  The most important distinction between their concerts and TSO’s Shows is the Wizards’ focus on the band, the music and the message of Christmas. There is no spectacle factor - no dragon visuals, no pyro, no bad choreography - that’s just not their vision.  Tony and Guy - two guys who were there in the beginning of TSO - have told me that Wizards concerts remind them very much of those first few TSO tours before the spectacle took over.

I still see TSO as well - but for totally different reasons. Both bands complement each other imho.  The Wizards gives you a great concert that is all about Christmas - beginning to end - with amazing singers and a fabulous band and a healthy dose of fun.  TSO gives ya the over-the-top huge production and a great band performing Paul’s stories.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long-time TSO drummer John O'Reilly joins The Wizards of Winter! - by danfromnj - 06-20-2018, 02:52 PM