Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long-time TSO drummer John O'Reilly joins The Wizards of Winter!
(08-03-2018, 02:59 AM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote: If you have heard TSO you have heard WOW...sounds about the same. The guitarist sounds just like all TSO guitarists as well as the strings, drums and keyboards. Just a TSO copy cat with different lyrics and much less of a big time production. In fact WOW is very open to hiring former TSO members which they will let us all know that they were with TSO in their advertising...TSO without the big production, but if they get bigger they'll do the same thing...got to get bigger and better. They all start out small.

I disagree about their music sounding similar. I find the Wizards tunes much more melodic in nature than anything Paul wrote.   Their guitarists play in many bands and sound similar to lots of others, just as the guitarists that work for TSO sound like others as well...imho of course. I don’t hear anything from any of them that make them sound like “Wizards guitarists” or “TSO guitarists”.  

I’m guessing you haven’t been to their shows to see how different they are from TSO. They certainly draw some inspiration from TSO as they were at one time a tribute band, but they are many years from those days. As far as the production, I can assure you that you are incorrect there. The carnival-like atmosphere at a TSO show with the dragons and fire and bad choreography was Paul’s vision. None of that is Scott Kelly’s vision. I’ve had the opportunity to interview him and he has gone on the record numerous times that he is not interested in leading the band in that direction. They are very happy doing an all-Christmas show and keeping the production level professional but no spectacle.

Like em or not, they put on a real fun concert and have great original music. :-)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Long-time TSO drummer John O'Reilly joins The Wizards of Winter! - by danfromnj - 08-03-2018, 07:36 AM