Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blogtalkradio.com
Damond is a great guy. He's a few years older than me (I'm 38) and him and I have lived in some of the same places (his mom is about 30 minutes from my place), so there was this immediate bond. I'm pleased to say he's a friend since those interviews.

I know what you say about his voice. So different than Zak. Though, he's still playing music full time today in the cover band Retribution and it's haunting what he can do with his voice. He does a wicked good W.A.S.P. He also has an album out under the Herman/Nebula name.

Those live interviews were months in the making. I wrote to him asking for an interview and he said he didn't do them. I said I wasn't a journalist, I wasn't looking for an exclusive, I was a fan first and foremost and he could even choose the questions (and I refuse to do interviews with questions/answers already formulated, unless you pay me, and nobody does). But, something happened and he opened up. I recorded the first interview with Troy Montgomery live and the second over the phone a month or so later and recorded it and played about 95% of what we said. I wrote to Jon to get him to listen to the shows as we really did them with him in mind, but don't know if it happened. Though, at one point JOP went on tour and the opening show was in Florida and Damond & Retribution were the opening act. I got this e-mail from Damond sharing how he'd talked to Jon on the phone for the first time since the band. He invited me down to see it, but I didn't have the money. I don't know if the interview helped, but if it did that would make me happy.

Jack I've never contacted. His story, as told via Damond, just makes me sad as he was a big fan of the band.
My wish list is a live album by Savatage featuring live recordings from ALL line-ups. From Keith Collins to Damond. It will never happen though. I'd rather have that over new re-issues with acoustic versions of songs. Damond deserves to get his name on an album and thus formally solidify his place. And, I said that BEFORE the interview, LOL, so not coming to his defense just because.

(08-05-2015, 06:34 AM)admin Wrote: The Damond interview was what turned me on to your site.  It always seemed like his dismissal was handled poorly and the interview confirmed it.  I thought he had a great look but really didn't like his voice.  

The separation with Damond and Jack Frost were done on odd terms that were never clarified.  

(08-05-2015, 03:45 AM)aaroninmaine Wrote: Thanks. Glad to be found and shared. That was a labor of love, had its ups and downs and I met a lot of great people doing it.

One of the highlights (Sava/TSO related that is ... as my interview with Sophie B. Hawkins is really my pride) was the 2nd/3rd (and first live) interview Damond Jiniya did since leaving Savatage.

Messages In This Thread
blogtalkradio.com - by admin - 08-04-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: blogtalkradio.com - by aaroninmaine - 08-05-2015, 03:45 AM
RE: blogtalkradio.com - by admin - 08-05-2015, 06:34 AM
RE: blogtalkradio.com - by aaroninmaine - 08-05-2015, 11:13 AM
RE: blogtalkradio.com - by aaroninmaine - 08-06-2015, 03:33 AM
RE: blogtalkradio.com - by admin - 08-06-2015, 07:26 AM