Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letters from the Labyrinth
First glimpse of the new TSO artwork by Greg Hildebrandt:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-12-2015, 06:12 AM)danfromnj Wrote: First glimpse of the new TSO artwork by Greg Hildebrandt:

Cool! Hopefully that will be out this fall.
[Image: 11864775_10205917785557642_4480712236237061568_o.jpg]
The release date for the new TSO album is October 30th.
I think I read somewhere that you get a free download of it with a ticket purchase.
(08-23-2015, 10:50 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I think I read somewhere that you get a free download of it with a ticket purchase.

That would certainly help the album's Billboard magazine chart position - and we know how much Paul likes his numbers. If it is tied into ticket sales, Nielsen has a method to count those toward sales and consequently, chart position.
(08-23-2015, 10:50 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I think I read somewhere that you get a free download of it with a ticket purchase.

That would be more than nice, as well as appreciated.
(08-23-2015, 03:11 PM)danfromnj Wrote:

That would certainly help the album's Billboard magazine chart position - and we know how much Paul likes his numbers. If it is tied into ticket sales, Nielsen has a method to count those toward sales and consequently, chart position.

i dont think they count those #s anymore. after people complained about a few artists numbers being very padded by giving away physical cds with a concert ticket.
the back cover (and performances at wacken) make me believe there will more than likely be songs from wake of magallen and possibly dead winter dead on it. and that actually bothers me. not because i think savatage is sacred (although i do!) but i want tso to be tso, and stand on its feet. but really the best tso stuff (aside from christmas eve/sarajevo) has been the completely original stuff, or if not original, based on things other than savatage Wink
I'll agree with that. I might not mind the "borrowing" of Savatage material if they didn't slow the tempo down to something closely resembling a funeral dirge. I'm always reminded of a few years ago when I worked with a couple of guys who were big fans of the band Cake. They were always yelling for me to come "Listen to this!!" On one occasion THIS was a cover of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" slowed down to a crawl. I didn't know until then that some people can turn anything into funeral music.