Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letters from the Labyrinth
Are they narrated then by Bryan hicks? Or is their a booklet of some kind? Have you heard the album? Just curious to see we're the info is coming from. And if so how long is the album itself? Thought I heard somewhere that it's only 30 min. Not a big deal to me just seems short. My apologies with the bombardment of questions lol.
(10-16-2015, 02:34 AM)James1 Wrote: Are they narrated then by Bryan hicks? Or is their a booklet of some kind? Have you heard the album? Just curious to see we're the info is coming from. And if so how long is the album itself? Thought I heard somewhere that it's only 30 min. Not a big deal to me just seems short. My apologies with the bombardment of questions lol.

No narration. The two stories are just included along with the lyrics.

And the album is a little over 53 minutes.
Awesome!! Thanks for the info Dan!!
(10-15-2015, 08:37 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Updated track listing with writing and vocal credits and news of a bonus track that features singer Lzzy Hale of Halestorm:

01. Time And Distance (The Dash) (O'Neill, Oliva)
02. Madness Of Men (Beethoven/O'Neill/Oliva) instrumental
03. Prometheus (Beethoven/O'Neill/Oliva) - Jeff Scott Soto - lead vocals
04. Mountain Labyrinth (Borodin/O'Neill) instrumental
05. King Rurik (O'Neill/Kuprij) instrumental
06. Prince Igor (Rimsky Korsakov/Borodin/Glazunov/O'Neill/Oliva) instrumental
07. The Night Conceives (O'Neill/Oliva) - Kayla Reeves - lead vocals
08. Forget About The Blame (J Green) -Robin Borneman -lead vocals
09. Not Dead Yet (O'Neill/Oliva) - Russell Allen - lead vocals
10. Past Tomorrow (O'Neill/Oliva) - Jennifer Cella -lead vocals
11. Stay (O'Neill) - Adrienne Warren - lead vocals (Savatage remake)
12. Not The Same (O'Neill/O'Neill) - Kayla Reeves  - lead vocals
13. Who I Am (O'Neill)
14. Lullaby Night (Bach/O'Neill) instrumental

Bonus track:

15. Forget About The Blame (featuring Lzzy Hale) (J Green)

" Time and Distance" is longer than we have heard in concert and has a pretty rockin instrumental portion that comes in after the choral part.

"The Dash" is one of two short stories included along with the lyrics. It does seem to relate to the lyrics of "Time and Distance".

Thanks for the info on Letters, Dan! Kind of odd that 'Forget About The Blame" is on there twice, just with different singers. Looking forward to hearing this.
(10-16-2015, 02:48 AM)James1 Wrote: Awesome!! Thanks for the info Dan!!
(10-16-2015, 10:30 AM)MikeNY Wrote: Thanks for the info on Letters, Dan! Kind of odd that 'Forget About The Blame" is on there twice, just with different singers. Looking forward to hearing this.

No problem. You're very welcome.
"Forget About the Blame" is a unique song - it doesn't even really sound like typical TSO - probably because it is a remake of a non-TSO song. It is ok for what it is, but it sounds like a regular AOR rock song. The two versions are identical, except for the vocal tracks. I actually prefer Robin's vocals on this, but I am guessing that they will service the Lzzy Hale track to radio.

They are now calling the Robin-sung version the "Sun Version" and the version that Lzzy Hale sings on the "Moon Version".

Paul explains it this way: "TSO has also added a new logo, which is a combination of two phoenixes from western mythology. A phoenix is something that rises out of the ashes from something destroyed by evil, to build something stronger. It's done in the yin-yang shape of the oriental philosophy, which is, basically the balance of life and looking out at things from the other perspective. We combined those two images. Greg Hildebrandt did the actual drawing for us, and that's going to be in the center of the CD.

Which is why the one song, Forget About the Blame, we have a male singing and we have a female singing it. Each brings to it their own unique perspective. We decided that, Robin Borneman, great singer from Holland, whose been with us a couple of years would sing it, but I needed a female to bring the female side of it. Lzzy Hale, from Halestorm has a great voice. She's just a great rocker, a lot of emotion. It goes back to the whole yin-yang thing. Where one side represents the sun, the male, the masculine side. The other side represents the moon, the feminine, the more sensitive side.
"
(10-29-2015, 03:51 PM)danfromnj Wrote: "Forget About the Blame" is a unique song - it doesn't even really sound like typical TSO - probably because it is a remake of a non-TSO song.  It is ok for what it is, but it sounds like a regular AOR rock song.  The two versions are identical, except for the vocal tracks.  I actually prefer Robin's vocals on this, but I am guessing that they will service the Lzzy Hale track to radio.

They are now calling the Robin-sung version the "Sun Version" and the version that Lzzy Hale sings on the "Moon Version".

Paul explains it this way: "TSO has also added a new logo, which is a combination of two phoenixes from western mythology. A phoenix is something that rises out of the ashes from something destroyed by evil, to build something stronger. It's done in the yin-yang shape of the oriental philosophy, which is, basically the balance of life and looking out at things from the other perspective. We combined those two images. Greg Hildebrandt did the actual drawing for us, and that's going to be in the center of the CD.

Which is why the one song, Forget About the Blame, we have a male singing and we have a female singing it. Each brings to it their own unique perspective. We decided that, Robin Borneman, great singer from Holland, whose been with us a couple of years would sing it, but I needed a female to bring the female side of it. Lzzy Hale, from Halestorm has a great voice. She's just a great rocker, a lot of emotion. It goes back to the whole yin-yang thing. Where one side represents the sun, the male, the masculine side. The other side represents the moon, the feminine, the more sensitive side.
"

I finally heard this song - it's a cover tune? It definitely doesn't sound like TSO but it's a good song. Kudos to whoever wrote it.

The whole sun/moon thing? Someone is putting too much thought into all of this! lol
Billboard article on Forget about the blame Audio included.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6...-exclusive
Pre order the album on iTunes now and get three songs instantly.

Time and distance
madness of men
The night conceives.
(10-31-2015, 04:35 AM)James1 Wrote: Billboard article on Forget about the blame Audio included.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6...-exclusive

I am seriously LOVING "Forget About the Blame". Lzzy Hale totally fits into TSO's whole persona and she doesn't overshadow it by any means. She is amazing on this track! Got to be honest I have been longing for this new album for a while... but for some reason I haven't had much faith in it. Probably because I figured after so long it would be worth waiting for and it seems so short after the epic Night Castle was a two-disc set. But this song just gets me more excited for it all over again. TSO don't let me down!
Time for the dancing girls to go. Just all around bad dancing.

Joe E
(09-30-2015, 08:22 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 08:08 AM)James1 Wrote: That's true. Night Castle was so long ago I don't really remember how they promoted it. How long do you suppose until we get a first sample of the new songs? All we have now is that 10 second clip of Madness of men in the EPK.

Well I think most bands would have something out by now - a lyric video or something. Not sure with Paul/TSO.  We have heard three of the new songs done live at Wacken - I honestly found them musically very boring - so I am hoping that some of the other songs wow me.

This is that King Rurik - three minutes of music that has that TSO sound, but doesn't really go anywhere (imho):