Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letters from the Labyrinth
(08-26-2015, 05:32 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 03:11 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 10:50 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I think I read somewhere that you get a free download of it with a ticket purchase.

That would certainly help the album's Billboard magazine chart position - and we know how much Paul likes his numbers. If it is tied into ticket sales, Nielsen has a method to count those toward sales and consequently, chart position.

i dont think they count those #s anymore. after people complained about a few artists numbers being very padded by giving away physical cds with a concert ticket.

Well, the album download will be a part of the ticket purchase (online tickets, anyway) - and yes, these downloads will count towards the Billboard charts. These are the most updated specs:

The requirement for reporting a digital download album sale bundled with a concert ticket are:

With purchase of tickets, with or without an additional fee, customer receives a unique PIN number redeemable for a digital download of the album. Transaction will count as a sale at the point of redemption. Sales will not be held or carried over to a subsequent tracking week, so the redemption should be timed to an album’s scheduled release date or any date thereafter.

In addition: the following conditions must be met.

• Bundle offer must be presented in advance (at least 15 days) for approval to both Nielsen SoundScan and Billboard.
• Any additional incentive for consumer to redeem album (i.e. contesting or further discount offers) is NOT allowed.
• Download album must have its own unique UPC code for clearer tracking.
• Digital fulfillment service must be a long-standing reporter to Nielsen SoundScan for 6+ months from the event occurring.
• There must be satisfactory proof provided to Nielsen SoundScan that the manufacturer received a reasonable and customary payment for each unit from the concert promoter or ticketing agency.
• Nielsen SoundScan must receive digital sales/redemptions directly from the digital service/fulfillment company and must include the consumer’s zip code for each download redeemed.
• The product that is offered as a download to consumers who purchased a concert ticket must be equivalent to product generally available at retail.

It makes sense to do this - especially if you are interested in sales number reporting. They group these "sales" numbers in with actual copies being purchased for their sales number reporting - it's a bit of a loophole in sales reporting in my opinion, but those are the above-the-board rules.
Track list for Letters:

Tracklist
1. Time And Distance (The Dash)
2. Madness Of Men
3. Prometheus
4. Mountain Labyrinth
5. King Rurik
6. Prince Igor
7. The Night Conceives
8. Forget About The Blame
9. Not Dead Yet
10. Past Tomorrow
11. Stay
12. Not The Same
13. Who I Am
14. Lullaby Night
Interesting track names. A couple things come to mind

What is (the dash) after time and distance? An addition of the the song that was never played live?
Also, surprised to not see "child unseen" listed after they played it live for three years in a row, but I'm starting to wonder if that maybe "prince Igor"
I cant wait to hear this cd. Its going to be different without a story though
(09-24-2015, 12:14 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Track list for Letters:

Tracklist
1. Time And Distance (The Dash)
2. Madness Of Men
3. Prometheus
4. Mountain Labyrinth
5. King Rurik
6. Prince Igor
7. The Night Conceives
8. Forget About The Blame
9. Not Dead Yet
10. Past Tomorrow
11. Stay
12. Not The Same
13. Who I Am
14. Lullaby Night

Thanks for that. I was wondering. Still haven't gotten a notice for the free download, bought 5 tickets, but maybe they're waiting for all the pre sales to to be done with. The last one's today.

Some of those titles sound like they belong on Romanov. I think I'm going to miss a storyline but I'm sure it'll be a great album.
i really expected to see savatage titles there. but then again they could have changed names. i do wonder though if Stay is the same Stay that was left off of Streets.
Anyone else find it interesting that TSO has yet to announce a release date yet? Amazon still lists it as Nov. 13 but in a few interviews and videos in the last week Paul is still saying Oct. 30th. I found it odd they have the track list out this early if it's not being released until November.
(09-30-2015, 06:38 AM)James1 Wrote: Anyone else find it interesting that TSO has yet to announce a release date yet? Amazon still lists it as Nov. 13 but in a few interviews and videos in the last week Paul is still saying Oct. 30th. I found it odd they have the track list out this early if it's not being released until November.

The new Electric Light Orchestra CD is also scheduled for November 13th and that track listing is out there as well, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Often times - more often than not actually - albums get announced by the record labels only to be pushed back for a multitude of possible reasons. I can't recall too many instances of albums being pushed up.
(09-30-2015, 07:06 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 06:38 AM)James1 Wrote: Anyone else find it interesting that TSO has yet to announce a release date yet? Amazon still lists it as Nov. 13 but in a few interviews and videos in the last week Paul is still saying Oct. 30th. I found it odd they have the track list out this early if it's not being released until November.

The new Electric Light Orchestra CD is also scheduled for November 13th and that track listing is out there as well, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Often times - more often than not actually - albums get announced by the record labels only to be pushed back for a multitude of possible reasons.  I can't recall too many instances of albums being pushed up.

That's true. Night Castle was so long ago I don't really remember how they promoted it. How long do you suppose until we get a first sample of the new songs? All we have now is that 10 second clip of Madness of men in the EPK.
(09-30-2015, 08:08 AM)James1 Wrote: That's true. Night Castle was so long ago I don't really remember how they promoted it. How long do you suppose until we get a first sample of the new songs? All we have now is that 10 second clip of Madness of men in the EPK.

Well I think most bands would have something out by now - a lyric video or something. Not sure with Paul/TSO. We have heard three of the new songs done live at Wacken - I honestly found them musically very boring - so I am hoping that some of the other songs wow me.

This is that King Rurik - three minutes of music that has that TSO sound, but doesn't really go anywhere (imho):