Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Letters from the Labyrinth
(09-30-2015, 08:22 AM)Wdanfromnj Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 08:08 AM)James1 Wrote: That's true. Night Castle was so long ago I don't really remember how they promoted it. How long do you suppose until we get a first sample of the new songs? All we have now is that 10 second clip of Madness of men in the EPK.

Well I think most bands would have something out by now - a lyric video or something. Not sure with Paul/TSO.  We have heard three of the new songs done live at Wacken - I honestly found them musically very boring - so I am hoping that some of the other songs wow me.

This is that King Rurik - three minutes of music that has that TSO sound, but doesn't really go anywhere (imho):

Same here. I actually thought the last minute of Madness of Men was pretty heavy for TSO. I'm hoping for more stuff like that. Mountain Labyrinth screams classic TSO instrumental to me, but that has to wait to be seen.
(09-30-2015, 08:38 AM)James1 Wrote: I actually thought the last minute of Madness of Men was pretty heavy for TSO. I'm hoping for more stuff like that. Mountain Labyrinth screams classic TSO instrumental to me, but that has to wait to be seen.

Agree with this. Those 3 new tunes were ok, but nothing like classic TSO. I am glad we get the download with the ticket purchase so I can decide if I want to invest in the real CD or not.
Saw this video on YouTube, first time hearing Paul mention that they are going to support this album post release, buy putting songs online. Interesting to see what happens. Still waiting for an official announcement for the release date first.

Here's the video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LIx7zOBvnpo
Here is the Savatage song "Stay" - Adrienne Warren is singing it on the TSO album.

Kind of disappointing if it's the same one as on the wake of Magellan. Looks like they just uploaded the song with the letters cover. im hoping that's not the final version.
(10-11-2015, 09:24 PM)James1 Wrote: Kind of disappointing if it's the same one as on the wake of Magellan. Looks like they just uploaded the song with the letters cover. im hoping that's not the final version.

Yeah - not sure what that's all about. Looks like someone threw that up on Facebook. I'm kinda hoping that Stay winds up being a totally different song and not just another Savatage cover tune.
Updated track listing with writing and vocal credits and news of a bonus track that features singer Lzzy Hale of Halestorm:

01. Time And Distance (The Dash) (O'Neill, Oliva)
02. Madness Of Men (Beethoven/O'Neill/Oliva) instrumental
03. Prometheus (Beethoven/O'Neill/Oliva) - Jeff Scott Soto - lead vocals
04. Mountain Labyrinth (Borodin/O'Neill) instrumental
05. King Rurik (O'Neill/Kuprij) instrumental
06. Prince Igor (Rimsky Korsakov/Borodin/Glazunov/O'Neill/Oliva) instrumental
07. The Night Conceives (O'Neill/Oliva) - Kayla Reeves - lead vocals
08. Forget About The Blame (J Green) -Robin Borneman -lead vocals
09. Not Dead Yet (O'Neill/Oliva) - Russell Allen - lead vocals
10. Past Tomorrow (O'Neill/Oliva) - Jennifer Cella -lead vocals
11. Stay (O'Neill) - Adrienne Warren - lead vocals (Savatage remake)
12. Not The Same (O'Neill/O'Neill) - Kayla Reeves - lead vocals
13. Who I Am (O'Neill)
14. Lullaby Night (Bach/O'Neill) instrumental

Bonus track:

15. Forget About The Blame (featuring Lzzy Hale) (J Green)
Woah, was not expecting to see Jennifer Cella on this album. What a nice surprise that is. really looking forward to hearing this album. Not sure I can wait until November 13th.
(09-24-2015, 06:00 AM)James1 Wrote: Interesting track names. A couple things come to mind

What is (the dash) after time and distance? An addition of the the song that was never played live?
Also, surprised to not see "child unseen" listed after they played it live for three years in a row, but I'm starting to wonder if that maybe "prince Igor"

I believe Child Unseen is going to be from the Gutter Ballet/Streets project!
(09-24-2015, 06:00 AM)James1 Wrote: What is (the dash) after time and distance? An addition of the the song that was never played live?

" Time and Distance" is longer than we have heard in concert and has a pretty rockin instrumental portion that comes in after the choral part.

"The Dash" is one of two short stories included along with the lyrics. It does seem to relate to the lyrics of "Time and Distance".