Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Tour Dates
Face Book notice from TSO's official FB page that the 2015 tour dates will be out tomorrow, August 18th.
Should be an interesting show:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-18-2015, 02:42 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Should be an interesting show:

I have been calling for this for about three years now as I was always an advocate for a "Best of" or "Hits" TSO show.  In fact, I even jokingly said the tour should be called "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve".   I am sure I won't see a penny from that though. Big Grin

However, it looks like they will try to do an interpretation of the TV special along with narration.  Which means hopefully we get First Snow, Mad Russians, and most important to me O Come/O Holy, which I have deeply missed the past 3 years.  Very much looking forward to this!

On the flip side, I would not have minded a second year of the Attic as it really grew on me, possibly more than TLCE.
(08-18-2015, 02:42 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Should be an interesting show:

Where did this picture come from?
Here are the tour dates: Trans Siberian Orchestra 2015 tour dates

Interestingly, no New York City or Long Island dates this year.  I figured they would do MSG again since the Nassau Coliseum closed.  Pretty weak.
(08-19-2015, 12:17 AM)admin Wrote: Interestingly, no New York City or Long Island dates this year.  I figured they would do MSG again since the Nassau Coliseum closed.  Pretty weak.

Yeah - that was an interesting situation. Barclay Center or MSG certainly seemed to be options to go with for the Long Island fans, though neither is exactly close. But there is the LIRR which makes travel pretty simple. But then again, both of those arenas are pretty close to the Newark, NJ venue, so maybe that came into consideration? Either way, I do feel for the folks in NYC and Long Island - that is a large population to leave out of the tour.
No Toledo show either? Wow.
No Tulsa date. That is unfortunate and will cost them fans. I'll go to either Little Rock or OKC but in increases the inconvenience factor dramatically.
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it is pretty sad to insinuate they will lose fans because they are not playing your particular city (which I doubt will really happen anyway)  Seriously?  Pissing and moaning that Nassau is closed for renovations and now you may have to go to Newark?  You get NO sympathy from me.

I lived in Connecticut for my first 24 years of life and took for granted how many options I had for going to shows. Then in 1997 I moved to the panhandle of Florida (Tallahasseee) and it put everything in to perspective.  The closest TSO plays for me is Jacksonville which is 3 hours away.  I probably won't even go to that show.  BUT I will however make the 7 hour trek north to Greenville so I can see East.  Then we will take a family trip 4 1/2 hours south to see West in Tampa and Orlando.  

Basically, it is all relative to what you are used.  I get that.   The first year I saw TSO was 2008 because by stroke of luck they decided to bring the WT to Tallahassee for the first and only time.  We were also lucky to get the BLN tour there in '11 and '12.   Other than that we have to hit the highway to see TSO each year.  You know what?  It is ALWAYS worth every penny!
I was surprised at no Toledo this year too, but I'll just head down to Dayton for an overnighter. Best option all things considered. I understand a lot of folks can't do road trips, but I just kind of plan on them in case need be. Actually kind of enjoy it.