Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Tour Dates
(08-22-2015, 01:53 AM)Tilly Wrote: I was surprised at no Toledo this year too, but I'll just head down to Dayton for an overnighter. Best option all things considered. I understand a lot of folks can't do road trips, but I just kind of plan on them in case need be. Actually kind of enjoy it.

That is absolutely true, not everyone can travel. Like I said though, for me it is all relative to what you are used to. When I lived in CT, I balked at anything over 2 hours. Now where I live in Florida. anything under 4 hours is a day trip.
(08-22-2015, 03:06 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 01:53 AM)Tilly Wrote: I was surprised at no Toledo this year too, but I'll just head down to Dayton for an overnighter. Best option all things considered. I understand a lot of folks can't do road trips, but I just kind of plan on them in case need be. Actually kind of enjoy it.
[/quote

That is absolutely true, not everyone can travel.  Like I said though, for me it is all relative to what you are used to.    When I lived in CT, I balked at anything over 2 hours.   Now where I live in Florida. anything under 4 hours is a day trip.

I've spent most of my life in London, Ontario and for many years we didn't have an arena that was very big. Now we do but most bands only come here once because the crowds here aren't all that great. That means that we're travelling to Toronto a lot of times to see concerts. That's a two hour trip one way. Everybody has the right to make their own decisions and I've been travelling back and forth to Toronto regularly since 1985. I wouldn't have it any other way.
(08-22-2015, 03:50 AM)hitman horton Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 03:06 AM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
[/quote

That is absolutely true, not everyone can travel.  Like I said though, for me it is all relative to what you are used to.    When I lived in CT, I balked at anything over 2 hours.   Now where I live in Florida. anything under 4 hours is a day trip.

I've spent most of my life in London, Ontario and for many years we didn't have an arena that was very big. Now we do but most bands only come here once because the crowds here aren't all that great. That means that we're travelling to Toronto a lot of times to see concerts. That's a two hour trip one way. Everybody has the right to make their own decisions and I've been travelling back and forth to Toronto regularly since 1985. I wouldn't have it any other way.
I drove 5 hours last year to Seattle to see both TSO shows and will do so again this year.They no longer play Vancouver anymore,low attendance and no promotion what so ever.I have to drive over 2 mountain passes and in not the best road conditions but if I want to see them,that is what I will do.Remember TSO doesn't pick what cities are on a tour,it is up to promoters who want to have them come to there city and maybe with only so many cities they are able to play on a tour some might get left out or maybe not enough interest from promoters.
We'll probably do the Orlando and Tampa shows. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive to either city from South Georgia. The show is worth the drive though.
Hitman, did you go to the VH show in London recently? I came up for it. I'm to the point in my life, where I like the smaller venues now. You guys seem to be getting some decent shows these days, and I'll continue to come up there.

I usually try to hit at least 2 or 3 of the TSO shows. Toledo has been a no brainer. I still find it odd they wouldn't play there. The last two years they've opened the tour there, with both an afternoon and evening show being jam packed. I'll hit Grand Rapids for sure. Might hit the Palace show too.
(08-31-2015, 10:43 PM)Von Halen Wrote: Hitman, did you go to the VH show in London recently? I came up for it. I'm to the point in my life, where I like the smaller venues now. You guys seem to be getting some decent shows these days, and I'll continue to come up there.

I usually try to hit at least 2 or 3 of the TSO shows. Toledo has been a no brainer. I still find it odd they wouldn't play there. The last two years they've opened the tour there, with both an afternoon and evening show being jam packed. I'll hit Grand Rapids for sure. Might hit the Palace show too.

No I didn't go to the Van Halen show. David Lee Roth's voice has been getting pretty bad reviews. This was also the first show at this particular venue so I wanted to see what it was like first. Arena audiences in London usually suck as well. I was asked to sit down at a Rush concert and Rob Zombie was so mad at the crowd that he had his band sit down on stage in protest.
(09-02-2015, 09:46 AM)hitman horton Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 10:43 PM)Von Halen Wrote: Hitman, did you go to the VH show in London recently? I came up for it. I'm to the point in my life, where I like the smaller venues now. You guys seem to be getting some decent shows these days, and I'll continue to come up there.

No I didn't go to the Van Halen show. David Lee Roth's voice has been getting pretty bad reviews. This was also the first show at this particular venue so I wanted to see what it was like first. Arena audiences in London usually suck as well. I was asked to sit down at a Rush concert and Rob Zombie was so mad at the crowd that he had his band sit down on stage in protest.

I just can't do it. I saw the reunion back in 2008 and it was a complete train wreck as far as DLR/ As bad as I want to see EVH and AVH play, DLR is a complete douche, can't sing AT ALL (never could), and is a shell of his former self entertainment wise. Plus, to me no Mikie is no Van Halen. Wolfie is a capable musician, but sorry, he doesn't belong in VH despite the last name. I say bring back Sammy and go that route. It's not like the ticket sales can get any worse.
(08-21-2015, 09:50 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it is pretty sad to insinuate they will lose fans because they are not playing your particular city (which I doubt will really happen anyway)  Seriously?  Pissing and moaning that Nassau is closed for renovations and now you may have to go to Newark?  You get NO sympathy from me.

I lived in Connecticut for my first 24 years of life and took for granted how many options I had for going to shows. Then in 1997 I moved to the panhandle of Florida (Tallahasseee) and it put everything in to perspective.  The closest TSO plays for me is Jacksonville which is 3 hours away.  I probably won't even go to that show.  BUT I will however make the 7 hour trek north to Greenville so I can see East.  Then we will take a family trip 4 1/2 hours south to see West in Tampa and Orlando.  

Basically, it is all relative to what you are used.  I get that.   The first year I saw TSO was 2008 because by stroke of luck they decided to bring the WT to Tallahassee for the first and only time.  We were also lucky to get the BLN tour there in '11 and '12.   Other than that we have to hit the highway to see TSO each year.  You know what?  It is ALWAYS worth every penny!

I was born and raised in Tallahassee and totally get the 'you have to drive everywhere' vibe.  In 2012, we drove from NC to Tally to the the BLN tour as the tour dates in North and South Carolina over the years did not mesh well with my son's school schedule - but the Tally show allowed us an excuse to visit my parents for the weekend and see a great show.

I was disappointed, but not surprised given the low attendance the past 2-3 years, that Raleigh was not included (or Charlotte), fortunately Greensboro is easily accessible and as a bonus not on a school night so we are set.

Cheers, K
(09-10-2015, 02:09 AM)CorgiNole Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 09:50 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote: I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade here, but I think it is pretty sad to insinuate they will lose fans because they are not playing your particular city (which I doubt will really happen anyway)  Seriously?  Pissing and moaning that Nassau is closed for renovations and now you may have to go to Newark?  You get NO sympathy from me.

I lived in Connecticut for my first 24 years of life and took for granted how many options I had for going to shows. Then in 1997 I moved to the panhandle of Florida (Tallahasseee) and it put everything in to perspective.  The closest TSO plays for me is Jacksonville which is 3 hours away.  I probably won't even go to that show.  BUT I will however make the 7 hour trek north to Greenville so I can see East.  Then we will take a family trip 4 1/2 hours south to see West in Tampa and Orlando.  

Basically, it is all relative to what you are used.  I get that.   The first year I saw TSO was 2008 because by stroke of luck they decided to bring the WT to Tallahassee for the first and only time.  We were also lucky to get the BLN tour there in '11 and '12.   Other than that we have to hit the highway to see TSO each year.  You know what?  It is ALWAYS worth every penny!

I was born and raised in Tallahassee and totally get the 'you have to drive everywhere' vibe.  In 2012, we drove from NC to Tally to the the BLN tour as the tour dates in North and South Carolina over the years did not mesh well with my son's school schedule - but the Tally show allowed us an excuse to visit my parents for the weekend and see a great show.

I was disappointed, but not surprised given the low attendance the past 2-3 years, that Raleigh was not included (or Charlotte), fortunately Greensboro is easily accessible and as a bonus not on a school night so we are set.

Cheers, K

I thought you may be a Tallahassee native with the "Nole" in your username.  GO NOLES!!! Yep, perfectly good civic center in Tally that barely gets any shows short of country acts!  However,  we did get the TSO Winter Tour in 2008 which was our first TSO show. Then BLN in '11 and '12, so I can't complain.  That's funny you come to Florida for TSO shows some times and we go as far north as Charlotte to see them (to make sure we see the East group when West is in Florida)  We will make the 7 hour trek from Tally to catch East in Greenville and Columbia this year.   Then get our West shows in Orlando while we are visiting Disney!  My 10 year old son has become my TSO travel buddy.  He has seen them 15 times now, even more than my wife!