Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-Issue of The Christmas Attic
WHY? Where is Romanov? Where is Running In The Passion Of The Fairy Tale Moon? Oliva said last year something about recording a new album. lol
I kinda wish they hadn't changed the artwork for this reissue.  Does anyone know more about the live version of Christmas Jam?  Is it East or West playing it?
(08-24-2018, 11:05 AM)MikeNY Wrote: I kinda wish they hadn't changed the artwork for this reissue.  Does anyone know more about the live version of Christmas Jam?  Is it East or West playing it?

I agree about the artwork. The new cover is very cool and contains some cool elements to it. I just am attached to the original cover that Edgar Jerins painted. I’m hoping they keep the original edition in print.

As far as the live version of Christmas Jam, it is the European cast performing it from their show in Prague in 2014.
(08-21-2018, 04:58 PM)TSOd Wrote: WHY? Where is Romanov? Where is Running In The Passion Of The Fairy Tale Moon? Oliva said last year  something about recording a new album. lol

Been waiting on Romanov for a long time. My son bought a Romanov t-shirt at a show during the Beethoven tour in 2011.
...and still no live DVD.

This is such a frustrating band to be a fan of! Some of their decisions are head scratchers.

I know a lot of people liked to blame Paul O'Neil for this stuff but now that he is unfortunately gone, who can we complain about now? Is Jon Oliva steering this ship?
(12-13-2018, 02:17 PM)admin Wrote: ...and still no live DVD.  

This is such a frustrating band to be a fan of!  Some of their decisions are head scratchers.  

I know a lot of people liked to blame Paul O'Neil for this stuff but now that he is unfortunately gone, who can we complain about now?  Is Jon Oliva steering this ship?

Agree. There should be a live album & DVD.
(12-14-2018, 05:02 AM)tmcfaddin Wrote:

This is such a frustrating band to be a fan of!  Some of their decisions are head scratchers.  

I know a lot of people liked to blame Paul O'Neil for this stuff but now that he is unfortunately gone, who can we complain about now?  Is Jon Oliva steering this ship?

Which group gets recorded for the live CD & DVD? East or West? I know recordings are pieced together and some are over produced, so it really doesn't matter except for your guitar solos and vocals.
(12-15-2018, 08:53 AM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:

Which group gets recorded for the live CD & DVD? East or West? I know recordings are pieced together and some are over produced, so it really doesn't matter except for your guitar solos and vocals.

One of each. Companion Cd/DVD for each group. I'd get both.
(12-15-2018, 09:37 AM)groo1322 Wrote:
(12-15-2018, 08:53 AM)JustTimTheBigTBone Wrote:

One of each. Companion Cd/DVD for each group. I'd get both.

Me too. That would be cool.
I just ordered the re-issue on white vinyl.....looking forward to getting it.