Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zak on TSO tour?
I have read in a couple places that Zak Stevens will be on the TSO West tour. Now someone is saying that he will be with East. Anyone know for sure? Either way, pretty cool that he is finally touring with them.
Nathan James (TSO West)hasn't commented, but appears to be busy with his band Inglorius this year.

I know they are doing a show in early December that would conflict with TSO shows.

I suppose Zak could be his replacement this year.
From his Facebook page:

"Message from Zak Stevens:
Hey Everyone,
There has been a lot of speculation out there on Facebook recently about what’s happening with me, CircleIICircle, and everything else so I wanted to give you a full update. It’s true that I have been hired by Trans-Siberian Orchestra (T.S.O.) to sing in the winter tour this year in the U.S. This is something I have been working to be a part of for at least the past three years. I’m overwhelmingly excited to be a part of T.S.O. because it’s more than just a gig. This is my family. It started with Savatage and this year it has come full circle with me being involved in T.S.O., Savatage (Wacken Open Air 2015) and CIIC all in the same year. I couldn’t be happier with the way things have worked out with every band I’m involved with. With this development, I unfortunately had to cancel my acoustic tour of Europe scheduled for dates in November and December 2015. I just wanted to let all of our supporters and friends in Europe know that I am working diligently to reschedule this tour as an energetic CIIC event that will support our new “Reign of Darkness” album which is scheduled to be released on October 16th. We’ve even released the first track from the album, “Victim of the Night”, as an instant download today, so check out any of our CIIC sites for the info (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvtwXf_...e=youtu.be). We are working harder than ever to reschedule a fantastic CIIC European tour for early 2016 and as many places in the world we can get to after that. As always we absolutely appreciate all of the support coming from every one of our fans, supporters, and promoters throughout Europe for as long as I have been in the business. We love all of our supporters all around the world. You are why we do what we do. If not for all of you, we wouldn’t have a job. Every person I am involved with in the music industry knows that everything we do starts with our friends, fans, and supporters. We definitely appreciate every day that we get to perform our music because it’s a privilege that we have been afforded by YOU. Thank you so much for everything. I’ll be in touch soon with another update.
Peace, Zak"
(10-19-2015, 02:10 AM)MikeNY Wrote: I have read in a couple places that Zak Stevens will be on the TSO West tour. Now someone is saying that he will be with East. Anyone know for sure? Either way, pretty cool that he is finally touring with them.

Been conflicting reports. Zak himself has mentioned in at least three different places on the web that he is with the West touring troupe. Caffery gave an interview where he said that Zak would be with the East.

This is from an interview Zak gave that was posted on 10/14:

"I’ll be going out with TSO as a part of the West Coast touring company for the winter tour. That will take us up through the New Year. After that we will be going back out with Circle II Circle for a European run to support this new album. We have the spring free from TSO so I will go back out probably in the United States and do a nice little run of dates to support Reign of Darkness."

( from http://deadrhetoric.com/features/circle-...onal-reign )

Guess we'll find out soon enough.
Just got word officially that they decided to take Zak East at the last minute. As one who sees the East tour, I am pretty thrilled about this!
Well that sucks. I was so looking forward to seeing him.
So Zak has been moved to East... who is he replacing? And has there been any word on who is replacing Joel Hoekstra? Are there any other known changes with East?

One of my biggest pet peeves with TSO is not knowing who is going to be in which group before the ticket presales... (My biggest one is not knowing which venues are East & which are West because I'm in a border area & it could go either way. And often has! One year East and West were playing within an hour's drive of each other.)
(10-23-2015, 01:39 AM)wickfam Wrote: So Zak has been moved to East... who is he replacing? And has there been any word on who is replacing Joel Hoekstra? Are there any other known changes with East?

One of my biggest pet peeves with TSO is not knowing who is going to be in which group before the ticket presales... (My biggest one is not knowing which venues are East & which are West because I'm in a border area & it could go either way. And often has! One year East and West were playing within an hour's drive of each other.)

I am not sure if Zak is replacing anyone. Russell Allen, Rob Evan and Robin Borneman have already confirmed that they will be on the upcoming tour.

As far as who is taking that guitar spot, it is Bill Hudson. Please see the thread on him here http://tsoboards.com/showthread.php?tid=54
Thanks for the info, Dan! Cant wait to see Zak rockin with TSO!
I'd like to see both Zak and Bill Hudson but the nearest show is a 9 hour drive so not likely to happen. Bill's a very different style player than Joel so it will be interesting to see how that goes. Joel gets out there and grins his head off. Bill looks more serious and I'm not sure the TSO crowd are ready for his "O" face when he plays.