Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathan James is out
Nathan James posted a video this afternoon saying he will not be back this year so that he can focus on his band Inglorious.

I'll certainly miss those vocals, but TSO hires great people so we'll see who they get to fill that spot.
(10-23-2015, 06:56 AM)groo1322 Wrote: Nathan James posted a video this afternoon saying he will not be back this year so that he can focus on his band Inglorious.

I'll certainly miss those vocals, but TSO hires great people so we'll see who they get to fill that spot.

Hi there! Brand new to posting on these boards but I've been keeping up with everything you guys have been saying for a while. A big TSO-head here Big Grin

Anywho, yeah I could've told you this a long time ago. I even told my parents, who are long-time TSO attenders with me, that I didn't think Nathan would be coming back since he'd been so silent on his fan page to the winter tour questions (even to my own). And with Inglorious launching this winter full-force, I figured he wouldn't be back on. I'm going to miss my favorite Brit!

My big question now is who they'll replace him with. I've been used to the Orchestra replacing musicians and singers for years but I have to admit, whoever takes Nathan's place has some big shoes to fill. Not only is he memorable, for that very reason he's kind of irreplaceable, like Jeff Scott Soto since he joined in 2008.
(10-23-2015, 06:56 AM)groo1322 Wrote: I'll certainly miss those vocals, but TSO hires great people so we'll see who they get to fill that spot.

(10-23-2015, 08:39 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: My big question now is who they'll replace him with.

Probably that Joe Retta that is mentioned elsewhere on this board - says he is on West.
I started watching his feeds ( Facebook, Twitter ) back in August along with others like Jeff Scott Soto and Chloe Lowery.

As time passed with no TSO mentions from Nathan and then the announcements of shows and the album from his band I knew he would be busy this year. I couldn't imagine him fitting TSO into the midst of all that.

So yeah, I knew it was coming as well.
(10-23-2015, 08:49 AM)MikeNY Wrote:
(10-23-2015, 06:56 AM)groo1322 Wrote: I'll certainly miss those vocals, but TSO hires great people so we'll see who they get to fill that spot.

(10-23-2015, 08:39 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: My big question now is who they'll replace him with.

Probably that Joe Retta that is mentioned elsewhere on this board - says he is on West.

Just checked out his Facebook page. Thanks for the heads up. I like to check out the performers ahead of time for some reason. Just to get familiar with their work I guess.
Watched some of Joe Retta on Youtube. Does an amazing job on the Dio stuff.
I think Joe Retta seems pretty cool. He's got a great voice and great presence. I didn't think it was him because I thought he was joining the East group along with the guitarist who was replacing Joel Hoekstra. I'll be excited to see how he does. I'm on the West side. Though I have to admit I was hoping for a bit we would get Zak Stevens Big Grin