Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bart Shatto talks TSO in new interview
I recently caught up with Broadway actor and TSO vocalist Bart Shatto for an in-depth sit-down interview. TSO fans will certainly know Bart as "Gerald McNally" - bringing "Old City Bar" to life every night for ten years. He also sang "Dream Child" on last year's tour.

Some of the subjects we covered:

- Bart's background and his close encounter with The Breakfast Club
- How and why Bart created the character to sing "Old City Bar"
- Why Bart was not on the 2012-2013 tours
- His take on performing "Dream Child"
- His plans for a solo album

http://musicandartinterviews.blogspot.co...hatto.html

Hope everyone enjoys!
(11-01-2015, 02:18 PM)danfromnj Wrote: I recently caught up with Broadway actor and TSO vocalist Bart Shatto for an in-depth sit-down interview. TSO fans will certainly know Bart as "Gerald McNally" - bringing "Old City Bar" to life every night for ten years.  He also sang "Dream Child" on last year's tour.

- Maintaining the integrity of TSO

Hope everyone enjoys!

Great interview! Love the audition story! He has such a real commitment to his roles. Interesting to hear about BLN - he would have been great up there.
(11-01-2015, 02:18 PM)danfromnj Wrote: I recently caught up with Broadway actor and TSO vocalist Bart Shatto for an in-depth sit-down interview. TSO fans will certainly know Bart as "Gerald McNally" - bringing "Old City Bar" to life every night for ten years.  He also sang "Dream Child" on last year's tour.

- Maintaining the integrity of TSO

Hope everyone enjoys!

Halfway through the interview I finally realized who Bart was! I couldn't wait and finally scrolled down past him in his homeless costume and was like, "OH! Him!" Haha. He actually surprised me last year with his performance of "Dream Child" because he hadn't been around for the 2013 tour which is when I reconnected with TSO (I hadn't seen them since 2006). So seeing a "new" face was great but I thought he was incredible. He has his own subtlety in performing that doesn't just snatch your attention because you have no choice (i.e. John Brink). You're slowly drawn into him until you're just in awe. I was even happier to hear he was a regular with TSO.

p.s. danfromnj I love your interviews! I didn't know this was you doing all those! I recently ran across them and poured through most of them. Intense stuff from Tommy Farese and Guy LeMonnier eh?
(11-02-2015, 10:29 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: Halfway through the interview I finally realized who Bart was! I couldn't wait and finally scrolled down past him in his homeless costume and was like, "OH! Him!" Haha. He actually surprised me last year with his performance of "Dream Child" because he hadn't been around for the 2013 tour which is when I reconnected with TSO (I hadn't seen them since 2006). So seeing a "new" face was great but I thought he was incredible. He has his own subtlety in performing that doesn't just snatch your attention because you have no choice (i.e. John Brink). You're slowly drawn into him until you're just in awe. I was even happier to hear he was a regular with TSO.

p.s. danfromnj I love your interviews! I didn't know this was you doing all those! I recently ran across them and poured through most of them. Intense stuff from Tommy Farese and Guy LeMonnier eh?

Glad you are enjoying the interviews. Bart is a really interesting guy to talk with - the way he approaches his roles is so intense and thorough - really fascinating.

As for Tommy and Guy's interviews, yes - they both opened up. Its a shame on both sides how things ended for them (and others) with the organization. Such talented and nice fellas. I am glad to see Guy and Tony Gaynor lending their considerable talents and being so involved with The Wizards of Winter.