Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute
Ray and his old boss Paul O'Neill were just in the news:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jake-e-...-had-aids/

Jake E. Lee: "But in between the first and the second [BADLANDS] record, Ray started getting really thin and didn't look quite as healthy. And I never asked him about it. But, anyway, between those two, Paul O'Neill — he was our manager, as well as producing the vocals on the first record — we decided to fire him. There was missing money and whatever. We decided to fire him. And Paul calls me and says… 'Cause the first BADLANDS tour, we cut it off pretty short, because Ray got pneumonia. And then, for some reason, the management said, 'Well, you need to do a second record,' even though we'd hardly really toured on that first one. Which I thought was weird. Anyway, when we decided to fire him, Paul said, 'Well, you can't fire me.' [I said], 'Why not?' And he said, 'Because I have information, and I'll tell Atlantic Records about it.' I go, 'What are you talking about?' And he said, 'Ray has AIDS.' And I said, 'Why do you say that?' And he said, 'Because when he went to the hospital, when he had pneumonia, the blood work showed that he had it. And if you fire me, I'm gonna tell Atlantic Records.' And I was, like, 'You motherfucker!' So, then I said, 'This is gonna be Ray's decision. I'm not gonna say yes or no.' But I did tell him, 'You motherfucker. That's fucking blackmail, and that's just bullshit. That's fucked up shit.' So I asked Ray, and Ray said, 'Well, it's not true, so fuck him. Fire him.' So we did fire him. And he did tell Atlantic Records that. And we got kind of screwed on the second record because of it. They wouldn't even give us tour-support money at all… But, yeah, Paul O'Neill fucked us on that.

Messages In This Thread
Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by admin - 12-06-2018, 01:48 PM
RE: Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by NancyL - 12-09-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by MikeNY - 01-27-2019, 05:21 AM
RE: Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by NancyL - 01-28-2019, 01:48 PM
RE: Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by MikeNY - 01-30-2019, 01:37 AM
RE: Dino Jelusic's Ray Gillen tribute - by NancyL - 01-31-2019, 02:02 PM