Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's on 2019 East Tour?
(08-22-2019, 08:08 PM)wickfam Wrote: A new one just appeared - apparently several of the ones marked confirmed earlier have NOT been confirmed.....

[Image: 68820063_10205808191240789_2974148415916...e=5E0DD311]

By chance do you know the difference between the yellow and blue TBD's?
(08-23-2019, 01:41 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: By chance do you know the difference between the yellow and blue TBD's?

The fan that put that together uses Blue TBD's for those that are not on Social Media or very inactive there - so we may not actually hear anything from them about them touring.
Interesting that Al Pitrelli is TBD. I think he is the heart and soul of West and one of the main composers. His guitar solos on Christmas Eve / Sarajevo is what put them on the map.
(08-23-2019, 04:15 AM)admin Wrote: Interesting that Al Pitrelli is TBD.  I think he is the heart and soul of West and one of the main composers.  His guitar solos on Christmas Eve / Sarajevo is what put them on the map.

Al most certainly will be there. The fan that makes these depends on hearing or seeing from the musician/singer from social media or an interview. Since Al almost never posts on social media, he is considered “TBD” for the purpose of this graphic.
(08-23-2019, 03:37 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 01:41 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: By chance do you know the difference between the yellow and blue TBD's?

The fan that put that together uses Blue TBD's for those that are not on Social Media or very inactive there - so we may not actually hear anything from them about them touring.
That makes sense, thanks!
Now-former TSO West singer Mats Levén has announced that he is not touring this year.
NEsnowstorms Wrote:
danfromnj Wrote:
NEsnowstorms Wrote:By chance do you know the difference between the yellow and blue TBD's?

That makes sense, thanks!
Thanks for explaining that correctly Dan. I am the person who creates that iine-up graphic each year and yes I only consider them "in" for the tour if they announce it on social media themselves or if they appear in posted images from the rehearsals. It's a safe assumption that some folks will return each year but I don't jump the gun until it's 100% certain. I considered Al a green light when he started doing press for the upcoming tour. Russell has social media accounts but is rarely on it. Not sure if Derek is even on social media. People will post "John Doe is definitely in because my sister is friend's with his cousin's babysitter, etc"...yeah that's just not good enough for me to go on. Rehearsals begin in a few weeks so we should know the details of both bands shortly... -Steve
So there's a new guitar player named Alex "Sasha" Campbell who announced on his Instagram account that he was just hired to join TSO on guitar for this tour. Chris is in for the East dates and Joel's website clearly states that he cleared his schedule for it (his spot in Cher's band will be subbed out while he does the TSO tour). That leaves Al and Angus on the West. With Al being the musical director of the band I can't see him sitting out. Angus already posted on Facebook awhile ago that he was doing the TSO tour and asking who was coming to see the show.

Alex Campbell responded to a fan on Instagram asking which band he would be touring with and he replied that he would be jumping back and forth between East and West. Unless they are going to try out having a third guitarist for some shows I think we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out on tour. I'm hoping it'll be three guitarists instead of one of the current ones stepping away.
(10-11-2019, 07:59 PM)pickguru Wrote: So there's a new guitar player named Alex "Sasha" Campbell who announced on his Instagram account that he was just hired to join TSO on guitar for this tour. Chris is in for the East dates and Joel's website clearly states that he cleared his schedule for it (his spot in Cher's band will be subbed out while he does the TSO tour). That leaves Al and Angus on the West. With Al being the musical director of the band I can't see him sitting out. Angus already posted on Facebook awhile ago that he was doing the TSO tour and asking who was coming to see the show.

Alex Campbell responded to a fan on Instagram asking which band he would be touring with and he replied that he would be jumping back and forth between East and West. Unless they are going to try out having a third guitarist for some shows I think we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out on tour. I'm hoping it'll be three guitarists instead of one of the current ones stepping away.

I had shared his Facebook post in the TSO Facebook Fan Group early today.  Within a few hours, Campbell removed both his Facebook and Instagram posts (luckily someone provided me with a screenshot, so I just replaced his now-missing post with that).  I'm guessing he got a strongly-worded call from the office about putting something out there that they didn't want publicized.  My guess is that he either is a backup and spoke way out of turn or he is an addition, possibly as a preview for next year's proposed shenanigans.  We'll see.
(10-12-2019, 12:10 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(10-11-2019, 07:59 PM)pickguru Wrote: So there's a new guitar player named Alex "Sasha" Campbell who announced on his Instagram account that he was just hired to join TSO on guitar for this tour. Chris is in for the East dates and Joel's website clearly states that he cleared his schedule for it (his spot in Cher's band will be subbed out while he does the TSO tour). That leaves Al and Angus on the West. With Al being the musical director of the band I can't see him sitting out. Angus already posted on Facebook awhile ago that he was doing the TSO tour and asking who was coming to see the show.

I had shared his Facebook post in the TSO Facebook Fan Group early today.  Within a few hours, Campbell removed both his Facebook and Instagram posts (luckily someone provided me with a screenshot, so I just replaced his now-missing post with that).  I'm guessing he got a strongly-worded call from the office about putting something out there that they didn't want publicized.  My guess is that he either is a backup and spoke way out of turn or he is an addition, possibly as a preview for next year's proposed shenanigans.  We'll see.

He also removed the mention of TSO from his profile. It's back to saying guitarist for Seek Irony.