Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ticket Presale -looking for help!
Today was the first time I have tried to buy TSO concert tickets on the presale -  I wasn’t successful and wondered if it was something I did wrong ... 

I went to the link in the text I received yesterday and was directed to a “waiting room” with a countdown timer.  It counted down to zero and then  kicked me out and went back to the original screen.

I’m sure people on this board have way more experience with this than I do - can someone could tell me if I’m doing something wrong or if this is standard for the busier venues?

Going to try again tomorrow for a different venue,  going to try again tomorrow for a different venue, anyone have any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Ldarcy
They had some major glitches. What you described happened to many, many people. I don’t have any answers - the line that TSO uses is “try again” or “there are awesome seats in the public sale too”. So there’s that.
(09-05-2019, 07:30 AM)danfromnj Wrote: They had some major glitches.  What you described happened to many, many people.  I don’t have any answers - the line that TSO uses is “try again” or “there are awesome seats in the public sale too”.  So there’s that.

Thank you, I appreciate the insight. I understan that glitches happen but it’s really frustrating nonetheless

I also noticed that tickets that were not supposed to be available for pre-sale until tomorrow are on resellers sites today.   Could this be  another glitch? 

Thanks,

Ldarcy
(09-05-2019, 08:56 AM)Ldarcy Wrote: Thank you, I appreciate the insight. I understan that glitches happen but it’s really frustrating nonetheless

I also noticed that tickets that were not supposed to be available for pre-sale until tomorrow are on resellers sites today.   Could this be  another glitch? 

Thanks,

Ldarcy

The re-sellers advertise and take your money before-hand all based on speculative tickets. You can buy a ticket from them - and more than likely get a ticket from them, but they dont have tickets in-hand yet. They know that they will have many, many tickets and some already have deals in place to get certain rows. So, no, not a glitch, just a crazy business model that seems to work for them.
(09-05-2019, 09:40 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 08:56 AM)Ldarcy Wrote: Thank you, I appreciate the insight. I understan that glitches happen but it’s really frustrating nonetheless

Thanks,

Ldarcy

The re-sellers advertise and take your money before-hand all based on speculative tickets. You can buy a ticket from them - and more than likely get a ticket from them, but they dont have tickets in-hand yet.  They know that they will have many, many tickets and some already have deals in place to get certain rows.  So, no, not a glitch, just a crazy business model that seems to work for them.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up!  

I have now received new presale texts/verification codes for tomorrow so I guess i’m trying again, hopefully the kinks are all worked out.

Thanks again for the help!

Ldarcy
So I had the same experience today as I did on Wednesday - is this more glitches or is this how it's supposed to go?  

I got into a waiting room twice right at 9:00 but was kicked out and never got in again.  

Very frustrating that you jump through all the right hoops and don't get a chance to even buy a ticket!

Thanks!

ldarcy
(09-07-2019, 01:18 AM)Ldarcy Wrote: So I had the same experience today as I did on Wednesday - is this more glitches or is this how it's supposed to go?  

I got into a waiting room twice right at 9:00 but was kicked out and never got in again.  

Very frustrating that you jump through all the right hoops and don't get a chance to even buy a ticket!

Thanks!

ldarcy

Hate that you're having so much trouble. I was on at 10:00 and done by 10:03 with the seats I wanted. It seems to go easily for me every year, but I always see stories like yours where you try and it just doesn't work. I'm not sure what the answer is to get tickets to the fans before scalpers harvest them all.
(09-07-2019, 01:18 AM)Ldarcy Wrote: So I had the same experience today as I did on Wednesday - is this more glitches or is this how it's supposed to go?  

Thanks!

ldarcy
I had issues as well. Was timed out 3-4 different times and finally I settled for seats I really did not want but thought it would be my last chance at getting any. I emailed TSONC to see if the tickets could be switched for what I have been receiving for the past 10 years...still waiting. Since they went to this lottery thing it has been a disaster for many. It was way better when Live Nation handled it. Hope you get your tickets.
(09-08-2019, 12:52 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

Thanks!

ldarcy
I had issues as well. Was timed out 3-4 different times and finally I settled for seats I really did not want but thought it would be my last chance at getting any. I emailed TSONC to see if the tickets could be switched for what I have been receiving for the past 10 years...still waiting. Since they went to this lottery thing it has been a disaster for many. It was way better when Live Nation handled it. Hope you get your tickets.

Well  I tried later in the day yesterday I have somehow it all worked.  Got the tickets I was looking for - hopefully they’re good, haven’t ever been there, was going off the seat plan and a couple of reviews.  But I am happy and off to my first TSO concert in November  Big Grin  

Definately is a is a frustrating process though, I appreciate the answers I got here.  Thanks all!
(09-08-2019, 05:10 AM)Ldarcy Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 12:52 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

Thanks!

ldarcy

Well  I tried later in the day yesterday I have somehow it all worked.  Got the tickets I was looking for - hopefully they’re good, haven’t ever been there, was going off the seat plan and a couple of reviews.  But I am happy and off to my first TSO concert in January  Big Grin  

Definately is a is a frustrating process though, I appreciate the answers I got here.  Thanks all!
You will enjoy the show and probably begin making plans for next years tour...really, it is that great of a show.