Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh show notes
(11-26-2019, 03:42 AM)KISSAlien Wrote:
(11-24-2019, 02:21 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote: I attended the Raleigh show and to tell the truth; I have seen better performances from them. The show lacked energy from the performers and whoever runs the show is more interested in wowing than a well produced show. CEAOS was supposedly to be performed in its entirety...it was not. Form the beginning I was disappointed. The opener as in previous seasons has nothing to do with the Christmas theme. I still do not understand why they choose a song to open their Christmas show that is not a Christmas song? Great opener would be "Nut Rocker" to get the crowd into it...the Raleigh crowd is one of the least enthusiastic concert crowds I have ever seen in my life...I have seen more hype seeing Belinda Carlisle at the Minnesota State Fair in a band shell than I saw at this show...really. DDB singing 'An Angel came down" was just not good, and then the adding of guitar riffs and other changes did not help the effort, same goes for the instrumental of "O Holy Night"...what a mess it was. "Prince of peace" was not what I was expecting and I was really missing many of the older crew during most of the songs...James Lewis, Rob Evan, Jay Pierce, Jennifer Cella, Tany Ling, Luci Butler, Alex Skolnick, Anna Phoebe, Erin Henry, Mark Wood,...they are all missed. Alex Skolnick is a perfect fit for TSO, as were the others mentioned. I am glad I had the chance to see and am able to remember when they were on the TSO stage. My wife stated she will never see another TSO show but I will. I may be able to get a front row seat next year only needing one ticket. I hope some from TSO management peruse these sites once and awhile to get a clue to what the fans really want. I witnessed so many people leaving in the middle of CEAOS, and watched others playing with their smart phones seemingly bored by the showed...I know I was. This was the first year since 2004 that I have gotten up and left before the finale. Hoping for a better show next time around.

Who said it was supposed to be in its entirety? They said they were bringing back an all new CEAOS.

They played the same 12 songs off of it that they have always played when they presenting this story. They have never done "A Star to Follow".  "The Silent Nutcracker", and "The First Noel" have only ever been played a handful of times.
Local classic rock radio station giving out free tickets advertised "see Christmas Eve and Other Stories in its entirety." Tell it to them. I would prefer to see the whole thing done in its entirety. When I hear and see the advertisements for CEOAS, am I expecting too much to want to hear the whole thing? It can be done (they do just about everything else with the pyro, lighting, risers, tesla coils, etc) and to me it should. I feel like I am being sold short when they don't do the whole thing. BTW, whats new with CEAOS? The only new thing is how this particular show is produced and executed...which to me is lacking this year. Again, just my opinion and I still am a die hard TSO fan, and will continue to go to their shows until they either stop touring or I am dead. Hoping for a spring tour of BLN/NC combined.

Messages In This Thread
Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 04:07 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-22-2019, 05:26 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by danfromnj - 11-22-2019, 07:12 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-26-2019, 03:42 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-29-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-24-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by hollywoodswag - 12-17-2019, 04:25 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by fraroc - 12-25-2019, 12:46 PM