Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raleigh show notes
So my thoughts on the TSO 2019 winter tour....I saw their gig at Nassau Colisuem in the 10th row and it was a great show. I felt that with the smaller screens as opposed to the ginormous jumbotron they've had in years past, I kinda got that pre-2013 TSO like when I saw them for the first time in 2012. Also I can finally say I saw all four of the alternating stories with this being the return of CEAOS. 

As much as I liked this tour, there was some caveats. Jeff Plate called this the "largest production TSO has EVER put on", lets be honest, it really wasn't. The light and laser package I will say, was very impressive and there were more flamethrower cues this time around. The icicle lights were definitley a nice touch, and the singing Tesla coil in the back was definitely a very impressive sight to behold.  however despite the very impressive light package and musical bug zappers, you can definitely tell that the production was missing something, the lack of catwalks, risers, or any sort of lifting device other than the drum riser did affect the visual aspect of the show, imho. 

In terms of setlist, we had a pretty solid setlist. Who I Am is a great opening song, but I was a bit dissapointed that they didn't do Winter Palace afterwards. CEAOS has a lot of the TSO classics we love like Mad Russian's Christmas, Sarajevo 12/24, OCAYF/OHN, and Good King Joy. However a lot of people did make the comment that CEAOS was a bit "too similar" to TGOCE, and I do agree as a lot of songs that were featured in the TGOCE story were a part of CEAOS. In terms of the second set, it was a good variety but one of the thing that annoyed me was the half songs. Doing half of The Storm, 3/4s of The Mountain, and then doing half of Wish Lizst before the RTF/Sarajevo finale. 

But all in all I think it was a great show, I hope they do CEAOS for 2020 and maybe bring back some of the missing stage stunts or change up the setlist a bit.

Messages In This Thread
Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 04:07 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-22-2019, 05:26 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-22-2019, 06:16 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by danfromnj - 11-22-2019, 07:12 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by KISSAlien - 11-26-2019, 03:42 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-29-2019, 02:21 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by admin - 11-24-2019, 02:41 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by TheBigTBone - 11-24-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by hollywoodswag - 12-17-2019, 04:25 AM
RE: Raleigh show notes - by fraroc - 12-25-2019, 12:46 PM