Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Savatage at Wacken
So what does anyone think the setlist will look like for the Savatage show at Wacken this year? The word is that TSO will play for about 45 minutes and then Savatage will play for 30-40 minutes. I suppose the setlist would depend on whether or not Zak is there - last I heard he was participating, but nothing official was announced. It might also depend on the TSO setlist as well, if they decide to include "Prelude to Madness"/"The Mountain" in their set, for instance.
I've seen no new info - though I haven't gone out of my way to look for any. Doesn't sound like it'll be a long show; I would've thought a Savatage reunion gig would last at least an hour..

[edit] Setlist would probably just be what used to be "the usuals;" Gutter, HOTMK, Edge Of Thorns, either Chance or Handful of Rain, maybe All That I Bleed, possibly Sirens..

[edit] I definitely hope it to be a 50/50 split on the lead vocals, as it sounds like Jon really wants to get into better shape than he has been for this show. If 1989 Jon showed up to 2015 Wacken, he'd blow Zak straight out of the water, with no disrespect intended to Zak whatsoever..
if it oniell could have left tso out of it i bet we would have had a full headline set from savatage. but oh well... hopefully we ate least get a full video out of it
On the plus side of things, short set lists would give concertgoers and fans the best of the best of the Sava/TSO material.
I would also be curious to see what a 45-minute TSO set would look like for this METAL fest, especially if they don't do any Savatage covers. I would guess songs like Flight of Cassandra, Another Way You Can Die, Lion's Roar, Requiem, Beethoven, Toccata-Carpimus Noctem, Tracers, Carmina Burana and maybe something heavy from a new album. Not that any of that is metal of what is normally played at Wacken, but those are their "heaviest" cuts.
Flight of Cassandra would be awesome, but only if Janes involved. but since it was an amazon bonus track i doubt it will ever see the light of day outside of Janes keyboard duel.
(01-18-2015, 12:24 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: Flight of Cassandra would be awesome, but only if Janes involved. but since it was an amazon bonus track i doubt it will ever see the light of day outside of Janes keyboard duel.

Very good point. I was just trying to think of their heavier, non-Christmas/Theater stuff. If I had to guess, I would think Vitalij and Mee Eun would be the keyboardists.
(01-17-2015, 04:27 AM)danfromnj Wrote: So what does anyone think the setlist will look like for the Savatage show at Wacken this year?  The word is that TSO will play for about 45 minutes and then Savatage will play for 30-40 minutes.  I suppose the setlist would depend on whether or not Zak is there - last I heard he was participating, but nothing official was announced. It might also depend on the TSO setlist as well, if they decide to include "Prelude to Madness"/"The Mountain" in their set, for instance.

I wonder if they'll be doing anything from Savatage's early albums.  Might be a good idea since TSO is playing as well; give a bit of differentiation between the two.
short set, theres some songs that have to be played at any Sava show:

Sirens
Gutter Ballet
Jesus Saves
Hall Of The Mountain King
Believe

that right there is already more than half of a 30-40 minute set.
I just think TSO at Wacken is still the most surreal thing I've ever heard of. I cannot quite wrap my mind around that whole idea. 75k drunken Germans and Carmina Burana. Which I will never think of as other than "O For Tuna". Curses on whoever did that video.