Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New album - Curtain Call?
Interesting interview with the Mountain King: https://blabbermouth.net/news/jon-oliva-...-everybody

Interestingly, I met Dr. Killdrums at his shop in NC and he confirmed he will be doing a couple of songs on this album.  I hope it is worth the wait and they do a few US shows before hanging it up.  Maybe NY and FL... ?
Interesting... I just saw this now, and I'm surprised nobody else commented on it. 
I'm hesitant to get my hopes up, but it's the most solid thing we've heard in a long time regarding new material. 
I'm guessing Jon will eschew the narratives that Paul liked to include on the albums, but hopefully the general feel of the album will be similar to what we've come to expect from them, while still being different enough to feel new.
This is an old thread, but I was at Jon’s ProgPower workshop where he recorded most of the instruments on “ Soul Chaser”. He hadn’t finished the lyrics at the time. Me and 49 friends are in the chorus saying “Oh No”!!! The liner notes state that our royalty check is in the mail!!