Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSO in 2020
Teehee! Synth strings go vrrrrr
My thoughts on the live stream.

The Good

1. Christmas Eve story is the best from the story to the music
2. Stripped down performance - in my opinion they have recently jumped the shark and the visuals, pyrotechnics have overpowered the story and music
3. Got to see Al perform

The Bad
1. Nothing live about it
2. No energy from the band/missing 1/2 the singers
3. Only 1/2 a concert
4.  Poor stream quality (video)  sound was great
Who sang the lead vocals on each of the songs, please? Smile
(12-21-2020, 08:58 AM)Johny35 Wrote: Who sang the lead vocals on each of the songs, please? Smile

Angel Came Down/Angel Returned - John Brink
Prince of Peace - Erika Jerry
Good King Joy - Russell Allen
Ornament/This Christmas Day - Jeff Scott Soto
Old City Bar - Nate Amor
Promises to Keep - Chloe Lowery
(12-20-2020, 02:46 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 03:38 PM)danfromnj Wrote: I thought Chloe was her usual outstanding self, but the castle image behind (around?) her didnt work as well.

[Image: Mnxw1ia.png]

That came off kinda weird, IMHO.
After the show I was wondering why Georgia was even there. She had such a minuscule part, that for me it would have been a total waste of my time. Maybe they had planned on CCR being in the show and decided to pull it during the final edit. The west's violin player Asha resembles Anna Pheobe (the vixen of the violin) and has the same energy and moves and it was a great choice to have her there than Roddy. The buffering issues were few and all that happened was the screen froze and then started right back at where it froze. Probably a lot of people watched this and they were not prepared to handle it. Great show and hoping I will be seeing them live in Raleigh, NC in 2021. Merry Christmas!

I'm guessing since I have no behind the scenes info ...

1) She was there to balance the chorus for the last 2 songs
2) I think there may have been some redundancy built into the vocalist choices in case someone was sick or contracted Covid. She could cover for Chloe, Russell could cover for JSS, etc,
I am curious to how everyone watched it?

Early on, I got reply from tourgigs suggesting to try Puffin TV or TV Cast apps. I was not going to purchase ticket if I could not watch. But for some reason, I could not find Puffin app on my Roku tv or Firestick. The one thing I found that would work is the Firefox app on Firestick, which allowed me to access the livestream page. So I felt safe and couple hours before show I signed up and bought ticket. As the pre-show started, it only showed the bottom third of picture at top of screen. I went to computer and tried. It did show full picture but looked like crap and buffered big time! I was NOT going to watch that way! I tried multiple things for over an hour with no luck, so finally gave up. Saturday afternoon tried again with same results and again that evening and again on Sunday and still nothing.

Learning about TV cast, it doesn't help that I do not have a smartphone and cannot cast/mirror to tv. My computer runs Windows 7, so I could not get it to mirror to tv. Also tried my Surface tablet but could not get it to connect to tv. Tried Xbox 360, downloading IE without luck.

These things should not be that hard for the average person to do. I like simple. I want to open app, login, purchase, watch. TSO did not give me that option. If so, they did a crappy job of letting everyone know the procedure. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I was so excited about finally being able to watch TSO at home on the big screen. After the crappy year everyone has had, this is not how I wanted to end the year. I hate Christmas time as it is and this did not help matters!

Again, if any of you can let me know how you watched it, I can be better prepared next time. Thanks!
(12-23-2020, 03:30 AM)Magnumrulz Wrote: I am curious to how everyone watched it?

Early on, I got reply from tourgigs suggesting to try Puffin TV or TV Cast apps. I was not going to purchase ticket if I could not watch. But for some reason, I could not find Puffin app on my Roku tv or Firestick. The one thing I found that would work is the Firefox app on Firestick, which allowed me to access the livestream page. So I felt safe and couple hours before show I signed up and bought ticket. As the pre-show started, it only showed the bottom third of picture at top of screen. I went to computer and tried. It did show full picture but looked like crap and buffered big time! I was NOT going to watch that way! I tried multiple things for over an hour with no luck, so finally gave up. Saturday afternoon tried again with same results and again that evening and again on Sunday and still nothing.

Learning about TV cast, it doesn't help that I do not have a smartphone and cannot cast/mirror to tv. My computer runs Windows 7, so I could not get it to mirror to tv. Also tried my Surface tablet but could not get it to connect to tv. Tried Xbox 360, downloading IE without luck.

These things should not be that hard for the average person to do. I like simple. I want to open app, login, purchase, watch. TSO did not give me that option. If so, they did a crappy job of letting everyone know the procedure. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I was so excited about finally being able to watch TSO at home on the big screen. After the crappy year everyone has had, this is not how I wanted to end the year. I hate Christmas time as it is and this did not help matters!

Again, if any of you can let me know how you watched it, I can be better prepared next time. Thanks!

I streamed it in Chrome and used its cast feature with my Chromecast.

That Chromecast is probably the best $35 I've ever spent.
(12-23-2020, 03:30 AM)Magnumrulz Wrote: I am curious to how everyone watched it?

My family hooked up our pc to the tv and watch it like that.

From my PC with Chrome to my Chromecast on the television. Easy and quick to get it done.
Thanks for the info on Chromecast. I did read that it will work with Windows 7. But that is extra expense I do not need at the moment. I am not sure how much it would get used. Have to weigh the options. Plus, even if I was willing to buy device, I have to drive an hour to get one. We live in the boonies! I got a reply from Tourgigs and they gave me a link for the replay good until the 26th and said how to get refund if I still choose to. So, I feel better that they are offering it. But we still want to watch it.

Without spending additional money, what are my options? Like I mentioned, I have Roku tv and Amazon Firestick. I do not have a smartphone, but my wife does. It is a Samsung Galaxy S10e. I know one casting app we saw had additional charge so we didn't try. Can't remember which one though. If we have to spend a few bucks, so be it. As long as it works and we can watch show.

Thanks again!