Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Playalong contest
Keeping up some interest in TSO, they have launched a playalong contest where you could win $1000 to go along with that $1200 government check:

http://e.trans-siberian.com/TSO/Tours/TS...Along.aspx

Have you ever wanted to play with TSO?

Are you stuck at home practicing your instrument with nowhere to show off your skills (except to your frustrated household who keep telling you to turn it down)? Well we want to hear - and see - what you've got! You could win $1,000 for yourself and another $1,000 for the local UnitedWay COVID-19 Relief Fund!

TSO has provided the music tablature and play-along track for guitar, bass, drums, piano, and violin, for their hit, "Siberian Sleigh Ride." Simply record a video of yourself playing along on your preferred instrument with the music and upload it to YouTube.
Can I play at the normal tempo, or so i have to slow it down?  Wink
(05-26-2020, 06:40 AM)Xmascannon Wrote: I was wondering if there was going to be a tour this year??
Maybe some outdoor shows at football stadiums?
Half capacity? Only 1 show at night???

Nothing has been announced as of yet.  Lots of factors at play here that come into their decision-making process: What venues will be available, which venues will be only selling to partial capacity and will it make financial sense to play those, will testing be available for their folks as well as all local crew, whats the public confidence like to go to shows at that point, what kind of money will fans be able or willing to spend on tickets, etc.  A lot of factors, many of which are unknown at this time. 

They have never done an outdoor show in the Fall or Winter before - not sure if that is something they would consider.  If it made them money and everyone was kept safe (and warm!  Shy  ), then maybe it would be on the table of ideas if a full-fledged tour can't happen.
(05-26-2020, 07:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 06:40 AM)Xmascannon Wrote: I was wondering if there was going to be a tour this year??
Maybe some outdoor shows at football stadiums?
Half capacity? Only 1 show at night???

Nothing has been announced as of yet.  Lots of factors at play here that come into their decision-making process: What venues will be available, which venues will be only selling to partial capacity and will it make financial sense to play those, will testing be available for their folks as well as all local crew, whats the public confidence like to go to shows at that point, what kind of money will fans be able or willing to spend on tickets, etc.  A lot of factors, many of which are unknown at this time. 

They have never done an outdoor show in the Fall or Winter before - not sure if that is something they would consider.  If it made them money and everyone was kept safe (and warm!  Shy  ), then maybe it would be on the table of ideas if a full-fledged tour can't happen.
Didn't they do an outdoor show in Germany on a New Years Eve Gig? Wasn't that long ago if I am remembering correctly, it is still winter over there in December/January.
(05-28-2020, 12:15 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Nothing has been announced as of yet.  Lots of factors at play here that come into their decision-making process: What venues will be available, which venues will be only selling to partial capacity and will it make financial sense to play those, will testing be available for their folks as well as all local crew, whats the public confidence like to go to shows at that point, what kind of money will fans be able or willing to spend on tickets, etc.  A lot of factors, many of which are unknown at this time. 

Didn't they do an outdoor show in Germany on a New Years Eve Gig? Wasn't that long ago if I am remembering correctly, it is still winter over there in December/January.

It was a 9-minute performance and only the vocals were live.
(05-28-2020, 02:38 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 12:15 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:54 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Nothing has been announced as of yet.  Lots of factors at play here that come into their decision-making process: What venues will be available, which venues will be only selling to partial capacity and will it make financial sense to play those, will testing be available for their folks as well as all local crew, whats the public confidence like to go to shows at that point, what kind of money will fans be able or willing to spend on tickets, etc.  A lot of factors, many of which are unknown at this time. 

It was a 9-minute performance and only the vocals were live.
I still consider it a show. 9 minutes or 2 hours, they were there, dressed and in front of a big freaking crowd.
(05-29-2020, 11:50 PM)TheBigTBone Wrote: I still consider it a show. 9 minutes or 2 hours, they were there, dressed and in front of a big freaking crowd.

lol. The Bar sure has been set low. They just need to be dressed. And that crowd is there every New Year’s Eve whether or not some dressed members of TSO are on stage.

I wouldn’t consider that a “show” in the same league with what they usually put on though.

Either way, I don’t see them trying to play outdoor shows in December.
Quite a few entries out there now, but this is probably my favorite one so far.  Jared could easily be on stage with the Show.

(05-31-2020, 12:20 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Quite a few entries out there now, but this is probably my favorite one so far.  Jared could easily be on stage with the Show.

The dude resembles the late Dave Z., and did a heck of a job on Siberian Sleigh Ride.
Another stand-out performance - and bonus points for the inclusion of the talk box in the beginning