Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington KY - The Christmas Attic 2014
I've gotta hold out for 2012 on that one. LOVED that stage & especially the opening that year! Don't think they'll ever beat that opening...
(01-22-2015, 04:54 AM)wickfam Wrote: I've gotta hold out for 2012 on that one. LOVED that stage & especially the opening that year! Don't think they'll ever beat that opening...

Yep... the swinging watch was pretty cool, but the versatility of that 2013 backdrop was really cool with the lighting and video effects.
(01-18-2015, 07:31 AM)wickfam Wrote: The show was amazing as always. In many ways, this was my favorite show yet even though it seemed more... "subdued" than in previous years - something that I've seen mentioned in other reviews of this year's show as well. My husband even commented that the musicians (and even Brian Hicks) weren't as "over the top" as in previous years. Hope they run Attic another year - I'd like to see it from another angle - especially since we had an absolute jerk in front of us who spent the entire show filming it on his monstrous Ipad that he held over his head. While standing. Blocking everyone's view of anything except his armpits.

Anyway, a few pics can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...b36c80ff10

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=...b36c80ff10

I really enjoyed this show and may be my favorite of all four shows. Most of us myself included cut our teeth on CEAOS(5 times for me)and will always hold a special place for us but TCA was BRILLIANT in my opinion. It accomplished everything TSO was trying to do up to that point including BLN which was Rock Theater; the production and staging was again BRILLIANT and music VERY enjoyable. I really liked Joy and Appalachian Snowfall. I wished it would have been repeated in 2015. Luckily though I saw two shows one of which was the very first one in Toledo and again at my local venue.