Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington KY - The Christmas Attic 2014
I saw the show this year 6 times.  (3 east and 3 west). BOTH groups were awesome.   I have always been an "Eastie" because that is who I saw first and for my first four years.  BUT I live in Florida which is a swing state so we get West too.  The years we get West we always make a road trip up to North and/or South Carolina to get our East fix, as we did in Charlotte and Columbia this year!

The first night I saw the show this year in Charlotte I was kind of indifferent about it.  Not sure if it was because I was filming the whole thing or if it was because I was just not AS familiar with TCA.  I also thought initially that the big trunk on stage was more of a distraction at first, but it grew on me I suppose.  I still wish it was a bit smaller as I think the drummers and key #2 literally got swallowed up by it.  Also, I am kind of a set list snob and was a little irritated with the second half.  In particular... how do you leave Mad Russians out ???

However, by the next day in Columbia and a few weeks later in Jacksonville and Orlando, the show and music really hooked me.  I really think this may have ended up being one of their best Winter tours (still nothing compares to those BLN shows for me!).   Still iffy on the huge trunk, but I can live with it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lexington KY - The Christmas Attic 2014 - by Kissguy1973 - 01-18-2015, 09:46 PM