Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Trilogy Box being reissued
Coming out on November 20th, the reissue of TSO's "Christmas Trilogy" set, with the three Christmas albums and DVD of Ghosts of Christmas Eve.  They replaced the Edgar Jerins artwork that graced the original box with art from the current TSO artist, Greg Hildebrandt.  Other than that, nothing else new about it.

[Image: 81ICB5tGrZL._SL1425_.jpg]

This was how it originally was released, with the longer box and artwork by Edgar Jerins:

[Image: 71gv9N06F0L._SY450_.jpg]
I was actually gonna ask about that to see if there will be any new material.. Just a reissue, oh well. Hopefully they add some live bonus tracks or something.

Maybe they’ll add narrations to the Christmas albums that already don’t have any.
(10-14-2020, 08:16 AM)SammyGIII Wrote: I was actually gonna ask about that to see if there will be any new material.. Just a reissue, oh well. Hopefully they add some live bonus tracks or something.

No, this is merely a repackaging and reissue of the same set. I agree it would’ve been cool if some live tracks or the Grinch movie cuts were added somehow, but it seems no work was done on that end. Just a different presentation.
(10-14-2020, 09:43 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(10-14-2020, 08:16 AM)SammyGIII Wrote: I was actually gonna ask about that to see if there will be any new material.. Just a reissue, oh well. Hopefully they add some live bonus tracks or something.

No, this is merely a repackaging and reissue of the same set.  I agree it would’ve been cool if some live tracks or the Grinch movie cuts were added somehow, but it seems no work was done on that end.  Just a different presentation.
Not gonna lie, the two tracks that TSO just posted seems to be hinting that they''ll add/build upon narrations in the Christmas trilogy reissue.

https://youtu.be/qoA6ce7pWNo

https://youtu.be/R0DngW4WOGY
The only thing I wish for with the first two cds is that they get remastered. I have the original cds and they do not sound that great. Love the music, but qualty is subpar. I could care less about any narration. Great for concert. But when I listen to cds, all I want is the music.
(12-23-2020, 03:02 AM)Magnumrulz Wrote: The only thing I wish for with the first two cds is that they get remastered. I have the original cds and they do not sound that great. Love the music, but qualty is subpar. I could care less about any narration. Great for concert. But when I listen to cds, all I want is the music.

Yeah I’d agree. I have one of the records that is narrated and I almost always turn to the non-narrated one to listen to