Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Christmas Symphonic Metal album from Majestica
Swedish band Majestica has a new Christmas album coming out based on Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, and if the first two songs are any indication, it should be great (imho).  Guitarist/vocalist Tommy Johansson states: "A silly dream of mine has finally come true. For many years I've wanted to release a Christmas album, because the atmosphere around Christmas is always so peaceful and music with a clear Christmas theme is always beautiful and very well-written. The reason why we chose to make a musical album with the story of Ebenezer Scrooge is very simple - it's a great story to tell around Christmas and it works so well as a musical. And with the help of different voice actors and singers we made it possible for this to happen - we're very happy with the result."

In regards to their musical direction he adds: "Once again people can expect real power metal, but this time its a bit more symphonic and epic compared to our previous album Above The Sky. When it comes to the symphonic parts we've taken it a bit further and included a lot more orchestral instruments, including tubular bells, glockenspiel and sleigh bells to really get that Christmas sound to it."

(11-27-2020, 04:11 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
IMHO....big thumbs down and YUCK! Not my bag of tea, but I don't begrudge anyone that digs this. We all have opinions and to this, mine is not favorable.
(11-28-2020, 03:38 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
IMHO....big thumbs down and YUCK! Not my bag of tea, but I don't begrudge anyone that digs this. We all have opinions and to this, mine is not favorable.

Thanks for sharing.  Just curious why you don't like this. 

It sounds like every other Helloween-styled power metal band with some Christmas thrown in.  Is THAT not your bag of tea?   I would assume a TSO fan would find this agreeable.
(12-04-2020, 07:12 AM)admin Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 03:38 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

Thanks for sharing.  Just curious why you don't like this. 

It sounds like every other Helloween-styled power metal band with some Christmas thrown in.  Is THAT not your bag of tea?   I would assume a TSO fan would find this agreeable.
I don't know what it is about this that it makes me feel like hurling...If you like it that's great for the band because it is the fans that put the green into their pockets. Maybe its the speed metal thing, and I am not into that. Have a very blessed Christmas.