Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lack of TSO on physical media
I know I am not the only one out there waiting for TSO to put out a concert on disc. I know there are bootlegs available. But I refuse to get any of them. I want an officially licensed concert to enjoy on my 65" 4K tv! It's not just TSO, There seems to be a lack of concerts in general on disc now. On the DVD format, there was a good selection to choose from. But after Blu-Ray came out, there seems to be less now. Between Blu-Ray and now 4K UHD, you would think that bands would want their shows released on these high-def formats with superb audio/video quality. Two standouts for me are: AC/DC Live At Donington (Blu-Ray) and Alice Cooper: Live at Montreux (HD-DVD). Both titles are outstanding and makes me want more. I can only imagine what it would be like to rock out to TSO at home!

Also, i would love for them to remaster Christmas Attic, Christmas Eve & Other Stories. The cd quality of those first two albums is subpar at best.
Good luck with that request. If you think your beard is grey now... Wink

There are some very good bootlegs out there. Just enjoy them and appreciate the efforts the fans have put into making them. Requesting an official live DVD has fallen on deaf ears since the band was created.

The band's online presence is also pretty poor and has been since the days of Savatage. It is up to the fans to keep things going.
Is there a sanctioned way to get a live version of Promises to Keep? That, to me, is the biggest improvement live.
I want officially licensed and professionally done blu ray as well, but until then the fan filmed blu rays I've seen are quite good. I only know of one with the West group, but the East have several available. Some used multiple filmers to get several angles and the sound is very good considering the source.
This is the perfect chance for them to release this. Not sure why they aren’t taking it. Especially if we may not see CEAOS for awhile. As I understand it this wasn’t supposed to be the show this year? Maybe someone else can confirm. Also interested to see what the total viewership was for the live premier and On demand over the weekend
(12-23-2020, 07:58 PM)James1 Wrote: This is the perfect chance for them to release this. Not sure why they aren’t taking it. Especially if we may not see CEAOS for awhile. As I understand it this wasn’t supposed to be the show this year? Maybe someone else can confirm. Also interested to see what the total viewership was for the live premier and On demand over the weekend

CEAOS was planned for the East and West tours as originally scheduled. It was not clear what the third theater band was going to perform before that got tabled/cancelled.

There has been no indication of actual sales/viewership numbers for the online stream show. I don’t anticipate that those numbers would be released.
(12-23-2020, 09:28 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 07:58 PM)James1 Wrote: This is the perfect chance for them to release this. Not sure why they aren’t taking it. Especially if we may not see CEAOS for awhile. As I understand it this wasn’t supposed to be the show this year? Maybe someone else can confirm. Also interested to see what the total viewership was for the live premier and On demand over the weekend

CEAOS was planned for the East and West tours as originally scheduled.  It was not clear what the third theater band was going to perform before that got tabled/cancelled.

There has been no indication of actual sales/viewership numbers for the online stream show.  I don’t anticipate that those numbers would be released.

bummer. On fb (the man TSO page) had about 1.5 million people interested a couple weeks ago wonder if it even got close to that
After finally watching the show tonight, I would love to have it on disc. IMO, I think this could happen. Think about it, the show was already produced. So, putting it on physical media can be done without much more effort or money.
(12-24-2020, 02:16 PM)Magnumrulz Wrote: After finally watching the show tonight, I would love to have it on disc. IMO, I think this could happen. Think about it, the show was already produced. So, putting it on physical media can be done without much more effort or money.

Plus it’s not East or west. They wouldn’t have to decide which band to choose from as for the most part it’s the original group
^Good point! I never thought about that! DUH!! LOL
It does make much more sense why they don't put out a concert. Not saying it can't be done. But the effort it would take to put the show together with both East & West members would be a lot. Would be cool, though! Instead of having them all out there at same time, some could take turns. But, then they would have to decide on where they would do the show. Then the possibility of pissing off fans that can't attend the location they pick.

Watching the pre-show where they talked about the Wacken show in Germany, we all know they are not afraid of doing something big that they've not done before.