Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSO in 2021
(06-13-2021, 04:08 AM)James1 Wrote: good to see they’re going to try and tour. So has all studio recordings regarding TSO on the back burner? That’s a shame. Maybe we’ll get new Savatage in meantime?

Work on anything has been sporadic recently. I would expect a Savatage album before Romanov though.
(06-13-2021, 04:50 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 12:43 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 12:12 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Looks like they are going to try an arena tour after all.
Stanley Cup playoffs going on in US arenas, don't see why TSO would not tour this season. 17,000 plus a game at PNC in Raleigh, NC for the Hurricanes series...we'll see though if a "new variant of the virus" emerges and they begin to shut things back down and try to go to mail in voting for the 2022 elections. Not prophecy, but we all have seen the deception and lies. Hoping for the tour but surely will not be surprised if they kill it.

The NHL is not counting on 66 full arenas.

This is still not without its risks. Over the last ten days, almost a dozen concerts have had their shows cancelled because the arenas  are having trouble staffing them. And attendance is still a concern for both social distancing and public confidence reasons.  And of course if a governor decides that they are seeing a spike and shuts down their state, the shows in that state could be at risk.  All that being said, it seems TSO is moving forward with an arena tour and cancelling their booked theater dates.
I have no crystal ball and really no clue as to what Gary Bettman plans on doing for the 2021-22 hockey season and the 32 arenas (Seattle included in that count) in the league. Roger Goodell the commissioner of the NFL stated he expects full stadiums this season. Of course that could change (as you said) if a governor decides he wants to shut things down. And you pointed out the staffing as well. It is not surprising that people will not work when they can get paid much better collecting unemployment the way it's being distributed. In North Carolina they are announcing a lot of upcoming concerts and it is as if COVID is no longer an issue...never has been for me and my house. Never wore the masks, when asked I refused and if asked to leave a business because I would not comply I did. Looking forward to being able to see TSO live this year and really don't expect them to be canceled in North Carolina.
(06-13-2021, 04:57 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 04:08 AM)James1 Wrote: good to see they’re going to try and tour. So has all studio recordings regarding TSO on the back burner? That’s a shame. Maybe we’ll get new Savatage in meantime?

Work on anything has been sporadic recently.  I would expect a Savatage album before Romanov though.

a savatage release this year?  Big Grin  One can dream right haha.
(06-15-2021, 08:38 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(06-13-2021, 12:12 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Looks like they are going to try an arena tour after all.
Stanley Cup playoffs going on in US arenas, don't see why TSO would not tour this season. 17,000 plus a game at PNC in Raleigh, NC for the Hurricanes series...we'll see though if a "new variant of the virus" emerges and they begin to shut things back down and try to go to mail in voting for the 2022 elections. Not prophecy, but we all have seen the deception and lies. Hoping for the tour but surely will not be surprised if they kill it.

This is still not without its risks. Over the last ten days, almost a dozen concerts have had their shows cancelled because the arenas  are having trouble staffing them. And attendance is still a concern for both social distancing and public confidence reasons.  And of course if a governor decides that they are seeing a spike and shuts down their state, the shows in that state could be at risk.  All that being said, it seems TSO is moving forward with an arena tour and cancelling their booked theater dates.
I have no crystal ball and really no clue as to what Gary Bettman plans on doing for the 2021-22 hockey season and the 32 arenas (Seattle included in that count) in the league. Roger Goodell the commissioner of the NFL stated he expects full stadiums this season. Of course that could change (as you said) if a governor decides he wants to shut things down. And you pointed out the staffing as well. It is not surprising that people will not work when they can get paid much better collecting unemployment the way it's being distributed. In North Carolina they are announcing a lot of upcoming concerts and it is as if COVID is no longer an issue...never has been for me and my house. Never wore the masks, when asked I refused and if asked to leave a business because I would not comply I did. Looking forward to being able to see TSO live this year and really don't expect them to be canceled in North Carolina.

If the Delta variants get bad, things could easily shut down (on arena-level shows anyway.) It would be unfortunate but for the best if spread increased.

Not for nothing, Paul O'Neill's message was definitely not "disregard a mild inconvenience that led to hundreds of thousands of deaths."
(06-19-2021, 04:37 AM)DarkMacek Wrote:
(06-15-2021, 08:38 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:

If the Delta variants get bad, things could easily shut down (on arena-level shows anyway.) It would be unfortunate but for the best if spread increased.

Not for nothing, Paul O'Neill's message was definitely not "disregard a mild inconvenience that led to hundreds of thousands of deaths."
And surprisingly no flu deaths in 2020-2021...amazing. And my sisters death from stage 4 colon cancer was labled COVID, a person that died in a car wreak, labled COVID related...hope you can see the lies in what has been going on. Yes it is real, but not to the extent and numbers they have conveyed. Don't buy into it. They also say that if you get the shot (it is not a vaccination nor FDA approved) that you will not be affected by this "new variant." Hmmmmm.
Here's the deal...in 2018 we moved BACK home to Olathe KS from Colorado. I was thrilled to death. 2019 rolls around and I was diagnosed with head and throat cancer (good-bye 2019) rarely saw the sun....in 2020 the lockdown. rarely saw the sun. 2021 Skin Cancer and Shingles. Now, after all of that I have been told that I am losing all my teeth (due to massive amounts of radiation) and will be getting dentures.  Now, if none of that can keep me away this year, providing, of course that the band tours.....I can emerge from my 4 year imprisonment and see the show once again.

That crap couldn't kill me - maybe another year without a tour just might  Tongue
(08-04-2021, 06:56 AM)Randallflagg Wrote: Here's the deal...in 2018 we moved BACK home to Olathe KS from Colorado. I was thrilled to death. 2019 rolls around and I was diagnosed with head and throat cancer (good-bye 2019) rarely saw the sun....in 2020 the lockdown. rarely saw the sun. 2021 Skin Cancer and Shingles. Now, after all of that I have been told that I am losing all my teeth (due to massive amounts of radiation) and will be getting dentures.  Now, if none of that can keep me away this year, providing, of course that the band tours.....I can emerge from my 4 year imprisonment and see the show once again.

That crap couldn't kill me - maybe another year without a tour just might  Tongue
Man, that cloud over your head has got to move on soon. Hang in there and I hope they tour just for you...what a sucky few years for you. Hopefully more good than bad though. Lost my sister to cancer last Easter, was so blessed to see 2020 be gone.
(08-07-2021, 01:37 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 06:56 AM)Randallflagg Wrote: Here's the deal...in 2018 we moved BACK home to Olathe KS from Colorado. I was thrilled to death. 2019 rolls around and I was diagnosed with head and throat cancer (good-bye 2019) rarely saw the sun....in 2020 the lockdown. rarely saw the sun. 2021 Skin Cancer and Shingles. Now, after all of that I have been told that I am losing all my teeth (due to massive amounts of radiation) and will be getting dentures.  Now, if none of that can keep me away this year, providing, of course that the band tours.....I can emerge from my 4 year imprisonment and see the show once again.

Man, that cloud over your head has got to move on soon. Hang in there and I hope they tour just for you...what a sucky few years for you. Hopefully more good than bad though. Lost my sister to cancer last Easter, was so blessed to see 2020 be gone.

Aww....Thanks! Ain't nothing but a thang Bro! I live on. Apparently, from the lack of traffic on this site, TSO isn't going to tour this year. I "guess" I understand. But this damned paranoia has to end some day. Hell, just the weekend I received  a third COVID shot. So I'm fully protected from the dreaded COVID monster......no matter. these clowns (some of them) won't even allow you in a store unless you are masked to the hilt - even though I have been "ultra vaccinated". Oh well.....Hey, have yourself a great day!!
(08-17-2021, 01:36 AM)Randallflagg Wrote:  Hell, just the weekend I received  a third COVID shot. So I'm fully protected from the dreaded COVID monster......no matter. these clowns (some of them) won't even allow you in a store unless you are masked to the hilt - even though I have been "ultra vaccinated".
It's not just about you, though.  Fully vaccinated people can still carry the virus (even if it doesn't harm them) and can still pass it along to others.  So it's about being respectful to the people around you.  I'm fully vaccinated, too, so I'm not worried about myself, but I always wear a mask when in close contact with others who might not be.

Besides, how is a store supposed to know that you're fully vaccinated?  Are you suggesting they should require proof of vaccination before allowing entry?  That would be more time-consuming than simply asking everyone to wear a mask, and it's not as if wearing one is a hardship.  

My feeling is that if going through the very minor inconvenience of wearing a mask can help someone else from getting sick, I don't see any problem with it.  Heck, even if you want to argue that the whole thing is an overreaction and COVID is no big deal, the mere fact that wearing the mask might make your fellow shoppers feel more comfortable should be enough incentive to do so.  When I go to a restaurant, I respect my fellow diners enough to keep my shoes on, even though it wouldn't kill anyone if I took them off, and it might feel nice to let my feet breathe a bit.

Okay, sorry, time to step off my soapbox.  I just hope enough people will comply so that concerts can start happening again.  Though, in truth, I'd be more interested in a new TSO album than in another concert, if I had to choose.
(08-17-2021, 06:21 AM)Mangar Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 01:36 AM)Randallflagg Wrote:  Hell, just the weekend I received  a third COVID shot. So I'm fully protected from the dreaded COVID monster......no matter. these clowns (some of them) won't even allow you in a store unless you are masked to the hilt - even though I have been "ultra vaccinated".
It's not just about you, though.  Fully vaccinated people can still carry the virus (even if it doesn't harm them) and can still pass it along to others.  So it's about being respectful to the people around you.  I'm fully vaccinated, too, so I'm not worried about myself, but I always wear a mask when in close contact with others who might not be.

Besides, how is a store supposed to know that you're fully vaccinated?  Are you suggesting they should require proof of vaccination before allowing entry?  That would be more time-consuming than simply asking everyone to wear a mask, and it's not as if wearing one is a hardship.  

My feeling is that if going through the very minor inconvenience of wearing a mask can help someone else from getting sick, I don't see any problem with it.  Heck, even if you want to argue that the whole thing is an overreaction and COVID is no big deal, the mere fact that wearing the mask might make your fellow shoppers feel more comfortable should be enough incentive to do so.  When I go to a restaurant, I respect my fellow diners enough to keep my shoes on, even though it wouldn't kill anyone if I took them off, and it might feel nice to let my feet breathe a bit.

Okay, sorry, time to step off my soapbox.  I just hope enough people will comply so that concerts can start happening again.  Though, in truth, I'd be more interested in a new TSO album than in another concert, if I had to choose.
Really??? Nothing virtuous about wearing a mask...nothing. How about being respectful to those that don't want to sport a mask? How come they are not mandating condom wearing to stop the spread of HIV? Why are they not mandating mask wearing to stop the spread of the flu that kills thousands every year? Why are they not mandating mask wearing to stop the spread of strep? And the list goes on.
I'm with Randallflagg on this one. "Get the shot and be free of the mask" is what they were spewing and now they have changed the narrative again. Here's an idea. If you want to wear a mask, go right ahead and I'll say nothing, as the same goes for you. If I or anyone else does not want to wear a mask, leave us alone.
  The Spanish flu killed 68 million in 1917-18 and it is still in the air today. But you know what happened? Herd immunity. And this COVID is nowhere near as deadly as the Spanish flu is or was. And yes, wearing a mask is a hardship. You may as well stand in front of chainlink fencing and let people spit on you, because those cloth rags keep nothing out. And further more, if you don't change them every 45 minutes your chances of getting bronchial issues have shot up drastically such as bacterial pneumonia. 99% survival rate if you get COVID 19...I'll take my chances.