Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TSO in 2021
(08-31-2021, 11:34 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 11:00 PM)TSOd Wrote: So glad I have a music life outside TSO.

I would hope everyone has a music life outside of TSO.  There has been a lot of great music released this year. 

(08-31-2021, 11:08 PM)TSOd Wrote: If one death from covid is one death too many and we know those numbers have been inflated  then one death from the poison vax is one death too many. I saw one report where those deaths are being hidden.  1976 swine flu vaxs were stopped because of too many side effects. WHY is covid any different? I suggest tests also for staph and fecal matter.

Mike, as this is a TSO board and this is the "TSO General" section of the board, please keep the topic matter to TSO.  I have watched covid discussion really foul up other forums, so let's keep this one on-topic.  Smile
I would hope so too and I am sure people do. I don't know about great music this year but there is a lot of great music out there to be discovered in many genres. The covid thing is a big part of the TSO tour this year and many people are commenting about it but you won't hear any more from me on this; promise.
The "Hallmark Channel" logo that usually appears on the TSO tour graphics over the last decade or so is missing this year. I wonder if they no longer sponsor the tour.
Hopefully things don't fall apart. We have seen other artists canceling tours lately. Last month we got worried when it was coming time to see MercyMe. So glad it didn't get canceled!
We'll see how it all shakes out, but according to Al Pitrelli in one of these press interviews,

"There's new songs that we're working on; We pulled out some things from the catalog that we've never done before live..."

Audio interview here: https://www.kono1011.com/entertainment/h...road-2021/
(09-17-2021, 12:00 AM)danfromnj Wrote: We'll see how it all shakes out, but according to Al Pitrelli in one of these press interviews,

"There's new songs that we're working on; We pulled out some things from the catalog that we've never done before live..."

Audio interview here: https://www.kono1011.com/entertainment/h...road-2021/

hmm interesting. I can only think of a handful they’ve never done. I think they’ve played every instrumental at least once. Unless it’s brand new material.
It's entirely possible he means "haven't played in 10+ years." 

"songs we've never played before" is a pretty old promotion trick that doesn't always come true, but.... a lot of Letters and Night Castle hasn't been played live. I don't think A Star to Follow has ever been played live. I don't think Midnite Clear has been, either. As far as other "main" tracks on the albums... am I missing something?
Al and Kayla are doing their annual TV interviews today and tomorrow.  These are usually very scripted, but keep an eye out for them on TV if you enjoy watching them.

This is one with a Sioux Falls TV station:
https://www.keloland.com/keloland-living...er-center/
(08-24-2021, 04:45 PM)RelentlessEntertainment Wrote:
(08-24-2021, 11:51 AM)NEsnowstorms Wrote: Yeah I'd be inclined to agree. CEAOS is a great album and a great stage show, and as was just pointed out, it's the 25th anniversary of the album release.

As I noted, I do hope The Christmas Attic gets another shot at some point as I think it's underrated and I didn't get to see that one live, as I didn't see TSO live until 2015, which was the first year of Ghost (I was 15 at the time so I wasn't around for the early TSO era or anything). But CEAOS makes the most sense for this year.

I agree that The Christmas Attic is underrated, but I'm sure there's a reason why it was only toured once. Regardless, I'd love to see it again. While it wasn't my favorite show, the Toy Box setup was very cool.

The 2014 Christmas Attic tour was unfortunately marred by the fact that compared to previous tours, the show was scaled back in terms of pyro and lasers and the painfully short second set that omitted a lot of their more popular instrumentals, I think that 2014 was the only tour where A Mad Russian's Christmas was not performed at all.