Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Savatage album
(03-17-2021, 02:16 AM)danfromnj Wrote: "This is Jon Oliva speaking to all the people in the Savatage groups first of all I would like to really thank you all for being fans of the band and hanging in there believe me I've been hanging in there too there are many surprises coming up we ain't done yet I wish I could disclose some of them to you but I'll probably get sued or some stupid s*** like that we're working on new material we're getting things together just be a little patient which I know you guys have been for a hundred years I love you all thank you so much for your support it ain't over until it's over Yogi Berra said that great baseball player I'm getting off of this subject we're also working on a new Trans-Siberian Orchestra record and that's going really well we are working on new Sava material all is good I love all you guys thank you so much God bless you all."
Good news if true, but reading that gave me a headache.  Punctuation is your friend, Jon.  Use it!  Tongue
(03-19-2021, 07:09 AM)Mangar Wrote: Good news if true, but reading that gave me a headache.  Punctuation is your friend, Jon.  Use it!  Tongue

Well the fact that they are writing, recording and in the studio working on a new Savatage album is true. That all started last month. A lot of music is already written but they are still writing as well. New website coming soon also.

That business about them also working on a TSO record may just be some exaggeration. I have not heard anything recent on that.
Jon talks a bit more about how they have been writing for the new Savatage album that they have finally been allowed to record.  He also mentions the 1997 Cologne concert footage that they have been asked to clean up for some sort of release. He also mentions that Chris, Zak and Doc are "all fags"  Exclamation  Big Grin

Big Grin 
(03-20-2021, 01:06 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Jon talks a bit more about how they have been writing for the new Savatage album that they have finally been allowed to record.  He also mentions the 1997 Cologne concert footage that they have been asked to clean up for some sort of release. He also mentions that Chris, Zak and Doc are "all fags"  Exclamation  Big Grin

I liked how he pretty much confirmed new stuff is coming without actually saying it haha. At least that’s the vibe I got off it. Now it’s just a matter of WHEN it’ll be released. I learned after Night Castle to take everything these guys say with a grain of salt lmao
Great interview. Thanks for sharing. Jon sounds... jolly these days.
Chris Caffery posted on Facebook he is working an album he refuses to name, but included a guitar and rose emoji.
(03-19-2021, 07:30 AM)danfromnj Wrote: New website coming soon also.

Looks like that is now here - really redsigned:  https://savatage.com/

And a place to "Join".  Not sure what we would be joining though. lol
(06-03-2021, 11:22 PM)MikeNY Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 07:30 AM)danfromnj Wrote: New website coming soon also.

Looks like that is now here - really redsigned:  https://savatage.com/

And a place to "Join".  Not sure what we would be joining though. lol

I think it's for the mailing list but agree it is not clear. If you look at the latest news the join the mailing list link takes you to TSO customer service and asks for your pw.