Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TSO Ghosts of Christmas Eve 2016 Tour
TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA'S 2016 WINTER TOUR CELEBRATES 20 YEARS OF TSO

"The Ghosts of Christmas Eve" Tour Launches November 17

Anyone have any hopes or thoughts for the upcoming 2016 "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve" tour?

I suppose my hopes revolve around the second half of the Show and certain songs that I would like to hear. They are promising "an all new second set containing some of TSO's greatest hits and fan-pleasers"

And in the category of "I know its not gonna happen", I would like them to actually use the photo of Tommy Farese from the movie in that one background shot instead of photoshopping some other face in there as the "Dad".

Should be interesting.....
my hopes are the whole non human element gets taken down a notch. enough fire, lasers and digi screens.
Savage_Dreams, I actually love all the pyro and lasers. I did stage crew in high school and love seeing special effects. I'm not a huge fan of the digi screens however with this story line I think it's difficult to get away from it. My hopes are for certain songs to be performed. My all time favorite TSO song is Believe which hasn't been in the set list since 2010 (I think.) I would love to hear Old City Bar (unlikely since its the wrong storyline) and Blame again.
i can completely do without ever hearing Forget About The Blame again. it has nothing to do with tso, doesnt sound anything like what they have done before. now dont get me wrong, im ok with bands changing over time, but when you just dig up a song from some random songwriter who isnt in the group, and it has nothing to do with the group, not forget that they added a currently popular singer who isnt even in the group!) it screams that theyve lost their way and its a desperate attempt to have a hit.
I agree with you that it is different than what they normally do, which is one reason why I like it. I love TSO, but I am also an odd fan in that I prefer slower music. It took awhile for a lot of the faster/heavier TSO songs to grow on me. I don't see it as a big deal for one song to be written by someone from outside of the band, I feel like a lot of bands do that now. I was not a fan of them bringing Lzzy Hale in to sing it. If they are making a song they haven't written into a "TSO song" then it should be sung by a TSO member. I personally think Robin nailed the song (I love his voice) and they shouldn't have felt the need to bring in someone else as well. I was trying to leave specific performers out of my hopes for the tour, but I'm not sure I would want any other performer on that song (I'm lucky Robin is usually East.)

(08-14-2016, 04:57 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: i can completely do without ever hearing Forget About The Blame again. it has nothing to do with tso, doesnt sound anything like what they have done before. now dont get me wrong, im ok with bands changing over time, but when you just dig up a song from some random songwriter who isnt in the group, and it has nothing to do with the group, not forget that they added a currently popular singer who isnt even in the group!) it screams that theyve lost their way and its a desperate attempt to have a hit.
I agree Dan, they should use the original version, though most people in the audience have no idea that it has been changed. I definitely wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't mentioned in a FB post before my show since I don't watch the DVD often.

(08-14-2016, 04:06 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Anyone have any hopes or thoughts for the upcoming 2016 "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve" tour?

I suppose my hopes revolve around the second half of the Show and certain songs that I would like to hear.

And in the category of "I know its not gonna happen", I would like them to actually use the photo of Tommy Farese from the movie in that one background shot instead of photoshopping some other face in there as the "Dad".  

I just keep holding out hope for a TSO reunion. Every past and present member touring with their original coast. Yeah, I know it won't likely happen.

Really, that's my only wish. I wouldn't even mind hearing Old City Bar one more time (the Cliff's Notes version though). Big Grin

I'm just really thankful they're still touring. With all the festivals and shows I go to, none of them really has the excitement and anticipation as this one night (ok, usually more) a year does.

(08-14-2016, 05:19 AM)Lmy3887 Wrote: I agree Dan, they should use the original version, though most people in the audience have no idea that it has been changed. I definitely wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't mentioned in a FB post before my show since I don't watch the DVD often.

(08-14-2016, 04:06 AM)danfromnj Wrote: Anyone have any hopes or thoughts for the upcoming 2016 "The Ghosts of Christmas Eve" tour?

I suppose my hopes revolve around the second half of the Show and certain songs that I would like to hear.

I was hoping for a 20th Anniversary of CEOS, Now that I know that's not happening, I'm not sure WHAT I want to see. I'd like to see a few tweaks to the current setlist, especially in the second half. I think it would be cool to have a runway or 3 (both sides and down the middle) out into the audience. Just something different than the extendo arms out over the audience. Maybe a levitating drum riser or a Cruecifly type thing.
(08-14-2016, 04:39 AM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: my hopes are the whole non human element gets taken down a notch. enough fire, lasers and digi screens.

From where we normally sit, I can see why you would feel that way. I LOVE the personal moments when it's just a singer in a spotlight but I'm not there to see Adele, I'm there to see a rock and roll show. Besides, the fancy stuff is more for the people who aren't as close as you and I. Of course, my first favorite band was KISS. LOL
If it's just the "greatest hits" re-hash I may not even bother to go this year. I thought that showing the TV special (umpteen years after it was first broadcast) was the biggest, laziest cop-out I've ever seen. I could cut it some slack given that they were preparing for Wacken. There is no such excuse this year. They'll still rake in the bucks, though, so why not?