Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TSO Ghosts of Christmas Eve 2016 Tour
but my biggest wish of all, dont play the songs soooooo daaaammmmnnnnnn slooooooowwwww........
(08-14-2016, 11:22 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:06 PM)squintyt4e Wrote: Given the trouble that Farese has gotten himself into in recent years it's no wonder there's no screen time given to him. Better to distance themselves as much as possible - it was a smart decision to remove him. Not to mention that 98.6% of the audience has no idea that there was a replacement done in the video for the seven seconds of time.

As for the whole Tommy Photoshop thing? My feathers were not ruffled by this because I have actually never seen him perform. So I did not have that emotional attachment to him. I understand there are people who are big fans of him and don’t necessarily fault any of you for being pissed.

However, at the end of the day I do understand why they cut him out and do believe it was the right thing to do. I'll leave it at that.

he got cut out because paul is a vindictive petty a**hole who fired tommy for no good reason. if there was any real reason for him to have been cut out why wasnt he cut out of tv airings last year?
(08-18-2016, 09:00 PM)Savage_Dreams Wrote: but my biggest wish of all, dont play the songs soooooo daaaammmmnnnnnn slooooooowwwww........

HaHa!! Big Grin That's such a good point. They do play them so much slower than the album versions. I wouldn't mind a tempo pick-me-up!
(08-18-2016, 08:59 PM)Savage_Dreams Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 11:53 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Also - For what it's worth: Each concert ticket purchased online will include a digital audio copy of The Ghosts of Christmas Eve. This is the first time these songs have been released in an audio package, and the album features a bonus track titled "Music Box Blues (Daryl Pediford Tribute New York 2004)."

whats the point of that? the songs are the same except for crawford and jewel, and i skip those anyways Wink

Nice idea but it just doesn't do it for me. Not interested in the Crawford or Jewel songs and I already have the other songs. As for the DP tribute I already have that full show on DVD. Might save my data usage on this one!
(08-20-2016, 03:31 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(08-16-2016, 11:53 PM)danfromnj Wrote: Also - For what it's worth: Each concert ticket purchased online will include a digital audio copy of The Ghosts of Christmas Eve. This is the first time these songs have been released in an audio package, and the album features a bonus track titled "Music Box Blues (Daryl Pediford Tribute New York 2004)."

whats the point of that? the songs are the same except for crawford and jewel, and i skip those anyways Wink

Nice idea but it just doesn't do it for me.   Not interested in the Crawford or Jewel songs and I already have the other songs.  As for the DP tribute I already have that full show on DVD.  Might save my data usage on this one!

Ever seen Michael Crawford live? Original Phantom of Opera. His rendition of O Holy Night is one of the best I have ever seen. If TSO could tour with him, it would be one of the hardest tickets to get. Oh, and the lady's go nuts over him...
(08-24-2016, 06:37 AM)thedoc Wrote:
(08-20-2016, 03:31 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:

Nice idea but it just doesn't do it for me.   Not interested in the Crawford or Jewel songs and I already have the other songs.  As for the DP tribute I already have that full show on DVD.  Might save my data usage on this one!

Ever seen Michael Crawford live? Original Phantom of Opera. His rendition of O Holy Night is one of the best I have ever seen. If TSO could tour with him, it would be one of the hardest tickets to get. Oh, and the lady's go nuts over him...

No doubt that Crawford is amazing. Just no desire to listen to him or Jewel in the middle of the Ghosts of Christmas Eve. That's what we have Rob Evan for!!! Big Grin
(08-14-2016, 12:17 PM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:06 PM)squintyt4e Wrote: Given the trouble that Farese has gotten himself into in recent years it's no wonder there's no screen time given to him. Better to distance themselves as much as possible - it was a smart decision to remove him. Not to mention that 98.6% of the audience has no idea that there was a replacement done in the video for the seven seconds of time.

It's about doing the right thing - and it wasn't done here - in more ways than just that instance.  But I am intimately aware of both sides here which is why I put it in the "It will never happen" category.

Brad-ley would not know "THE RIGHT THING" if it hit him between the eyes........
(08-25-2016, 03:23 AM)Sarajevo12/24 Wrote:
(08-14-2016, 12:17 PM)danfromnj Wrote:

It's about doing the right thing - and it wasn't done here - in more ways than just that instance.  But I am intimately aware of both sides here which is why I put it in the "It will never happen" category.

Brad-ley would not know "THE RIGHT THING" if it hit him between the eyes........

"Given the trouble that Farese has gotten himself into in recent years"... Trouble?..........What Trouble???? Over what years????
(08-27-2016, 07:48 AM)Sarajevo12/24 Wrote: "Given the trouble that Farese has gotten himself into in recent years"... Trouble?..........What Trouble???? Over what years????

Tommy has had some issues that he has been dealing with over the last couple of years that are his own business and really have no place for discussion here.
(08-27-2016, 10:21 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 07:48 AM)Sarajevo12/24 Wrote: "Given the trouble that Farese has gotten himself into in recent years"... Trouble?..........What Trouble???? Over what years????

Tommy has had some issues that he has been dealing with over the last couple of years that are his own business and really have no place for discussion here.

.......Dan.....I saw some pictures....and a friend sent me some "news"...I now understand.....I just know the mouth.... will jump on anyone when they are down............I thought he was still whining about the damn song that Tommy gave away......Not interested in a mans "PRIVATE" life.......