Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does bringing back GHOSTS really make sense to anyone?
(09-18-2016, 09:42 PM)Kissguy1973 Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 09:31 AM)sundance7490 Wrote: I'm not afraid to say I love The Christmas Attic the most as well. I love the album too though it tread very closely to the style of Christmas Eve and Other Stories but on stage it felt very grand and epic yet very intimate as well. The "one and done" thing was a huge surprise to me. Since they did The Lost Christmas Eve at least twice I thought for sure they would do Attic once more. It was really poor timing as doing Ghosts for the 20th would've been absolutely perfect. I think all of us would've been much more appreciative of Ghosts a lot more if that would've been the case.

Completely agree with this.  Personally I was hesitant on Christmas Attic at first, but I cannot even begin to tell you how much that album and tour grew on me as I saw the show more.  The first night it took a bit to sink in... then I was just blown away the next 5 shows I saw.  From the minute that opening POV animation started til the very last note.  Very glad I was able to see both the East and West interpretations of it.

As you say... one more year of Attic (last year) then Ghosts this year for the 20th.  It's all good though... we'll still get an awesome show this year.  Probably more so than last year as they can tweak what worked and what didn't.  Much like I think TLCE improved by the 2nd time around (other than cutting the full Wisdom of Snow...  Angry).

I absolutely loved The Christmas Attic, it was one of the best shows I've seen, along with the first year of The Lost Christmas Eve (such a deep story, I loved the west live version of Wisdom of Snow, I didn't go the second year due to money.), and the 2011 CEAOS (first time I took my then girlfriend, now fiancé)with the 3 triangluar light rigs (yes I know there were 3 big, 3 small, I'm grouping them together.) I do agree they should have done TCA one more time, but either way I'm glad to see Ghost of Christmas Eve this year, as I had to miss last year due to more money issues. This year will be the first time I go with my soon to be wife, it will be the finally of our honey moon, we both are very excited!!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does bringing back GHOSTS really make sense to anyone? - by CowboyD5 - 10-05-2016, 10:26 PM