Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you be attending the 2023 touor?
(08-29-2023, 05:36 AM)Gener222 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 04:42 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 02:55 AM)JeffreyFender Wrote: My question is, last year they debuted a new song during the show. I haven't seen any release of that song. I was hoping for another whole new album but doesn't look like that will happen.

Carousels of Christmas was put together when Desi stated she wanted a new song in the set.  Oliva put it together, Al threw in the Steely Dan reference once it was performed a few times.  There is no new TSO album.  IF this song has even been recorded in a studio, I suppose it is possible to be released as a single or something like that, but I've heard nothing on that front.

(08-28-2023, 10:37 PM)Gener222 Wrote: I guess the answer for me is No.  Based on the schedule, unless I'm reading it wrong - there's no show at all in NJ/NYC, only one show out on Long Island!?

It is strange that for the first time ever, they are skipping the NYC market.  Routing is always a bear when scheduling a tour, but still is surprising that they couldn't find a date that worked there.  Maybe they couldn't come together on the guaranteed money with the venue?  Either way, hope it is just a one-year blip.

Looks like the Devils have a home game at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 19 - which to me seems likely when they would have played there (right after Philly and just before Long Island).  And even though they haven't played MSG in years, that's busy that night also with a Billy Joel show.
Probably has nothing to do with the serious crime rate in the area. They could schedule around it, but the way people are fleeing the state it's no surprise if they stay away. I sure wouldn't be on the streets of NY at night or even during the day to go see anyone in concert. I don't care if Lennon and Harrison were to come alive and the Beatles went to play NYC...no freaking way!
(09-08-2023, 03:14 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 05:36 AM)Gener222 Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 04:42 AM)danfromnj Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 02:55 AM)JeffreyFender Wrote: My question is, last year they debuted a new song during the show. I haven't seen any release of that song. I was hoping for another whole new album but doesn't look like that will happen.

Carousels of Christmas was put together when Desi stated she wanted a new song in the set.  Oliva put it together, Al threw in the Steely Dan reference once it was performed a few times.  There is no new TSO album.  IF this song has even been recorded in a studio, I suppose it is possible to be released as a single or something like that, but I've heard nothing on that front.

(08-28-2023, 10:37 PM)Gener222 Wrote: I guess the answer for me is No.  Based on the schedule, unless I'm reading it wrong - there's no show at all in NJ/NYC, only one show out on Long Island!?

It is strange that for the first time ever, they are skipping the NYC market.  Routing is always a bear when scheduling a tour, but still is surprising that they couldn't find a date that worked there.  Maybe they couldn't come together on the guaranteed money with the venue?  Either way, hope it is just a one-year blip.

Looks like the Devils have a home game at the Prudential Center in Newark on December 19 - which to me seems likely when they would have played there (right after Philly and just before Long Island).  And even though they haven't played MSG in years, that's busy that night also with a Billy Joel show.
Probably has nothing to do with the serious crime rate in the area. They could schedule around it, but the way people are fleeing the state it's no surprise if they stay away. I sure wouldn't be on the streets of NY at night or even during the day to go see anyone in concert. I don't care if Lennon and Harrison were to come alive and the Beatles went to play NYC...no freaking way!
I'm in NYC and NJ everyday for work, attending shows, hanging out, etc, and never had a problem  But I get that some people are just naturally very nervous people, especially if they're not used to city life and maybe they watch too much tv.  
I recently had some friends visiting from Germany, and they said what they saw on TV and in movies made them expect the worst, but in reality, they absolutely loved their time here and felt perfectly safe exploring the city on their own. 
Anyway, I doubt the people in TSO are so easily frightened.  I'm guessing the more likely reason they're skipping the NYC/NJ area is maybe because the venue costs are too high, and/or they simply expect a better turnout elsewhere.
(09-02-2023, 04:43 AM)Mangar Wrote: I'll be skipping it again.  I've seen them three times, and enjoyed it each time, but the lack of any new music (or even the hope of any new music) has made me lose interest.  Plus, the fact that they're not playing the NY/NJ area doesn't help at all.

I really wish that when they skipped touring during the pandemic, they had used that time to finish off at least one of the albums that they claim are in the works.  But at this point, I'm doubtful that they ever intend to finish them.  Sadly, I think TSO essentially ended after Paul's death, aside from the annual tour.

I’m also skipping again. I don’t plan to return until the band has something new to offer. I’m actually shocked how it’s the same show year after year.  I get that the show is always new for somebody though.   

Even the last show I attended with family everyone knew the show beats and we just seemed a bit bored.
(09-14-2023, 08:09 AM)IamTDR Wrote:
(09-02-2023, 04:43 AM)Mangar Wrote: I'll be skipping it again.  I've seen them three times, and enjoyed it each time, but the lack of any new music (or even the hope of any new music) has made me lose interest.  Plus, the fact that they're not playing the NY/NJ area doesn't help at all.

I really wish that when they skipped touring during the pandemic, they had used that time to finish off at least one of the albums that they claim are in the works.  But at this point, I'm doubtful that they ever intend to finish them.  Sadly, I think TSO essentially ended after Paul's death, aside from the annual tour.

I’m also skipping again. I don’t plan to return until the band has something new to offer. I’m actually shocked how it’s the same show year after year.  I get that the show is always new for somebody though.   

Even the last show I attended with family everyone knew the show beats and we just seemed a bit bored.

I’ve been going since 04 and starting to feel the same way, but since it’s a family tradition I keep my mouth shut. I fully agree if they want to survive another 5-10 years something new will have to come out. These guys aren’t getting any younger.
I decided not to go this year but just for fun decided to check on ticket prices for Seattle, via one of the presales, From what I could see base price before fees for a floor seat are up 30% last year it was $89 US plus fees and then this year is $120 US plus fees. Since I live in Vancouver BC I also checked out the prices for the Toronto show just to see what they would charge for a floor seat in Canada. Base ticket was $157 Canadian and the fees were an additional $33 for a total of $190.
I got my tickets for Raleigh. Upstairs, as usual! They had some $39 seat specials but did not have 2 tickets together.
(09-20-2023, 03:35 AM)admin Wrote: I got my tickets for Raleigh.  Upstairs, as usual!  They had some $39 seat specials but did not have 2 tickets together.
I'll be in Raleigh as well. Got first row at the stage. Not bragging, but it took a lot of kicking back seats I did not want to finally get the one I did get. Section three row A seat...not giving that away, I may have peed you off on this site and you may want payback...LOL! I'll be almost center stage very close to the same chair I was in last year. Right at the stage is pretty cool but this is going to be my curtain call until they bring something new to the table. My wife has stopped going because of the same thing over and over, and over....Hope to see you there.
(10-02-2023, 08:18 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
(09-20-2023, 03:35 AM)admin Wrote: I got my tickets for Raleigh.  Upstairs, as usual!  They had some $39 seat specials but did not have 2 tickets together.
I'll be in Raleigh as well. Got first row at the stage. 

Sounds like awesome seats.  The closest I ever got with 5th row center at the Nassau Coliseum when Alex Skolnick was their second guitarist.  The sound was amazing from there. 

With so much going on visually I don't mind sitting so far back to soak it all in.  But front row is front row!   Big Grin
(10-06-2023, 01:07 AM)admin Wrote:
(10-02-2023, 08:18 AM)TheBigTBone Wrote:
I'll be in Raleigh as well. Got first row at the stage. 

Sounds like awesome seats.  The closest I ever got with 5th row center at the Nassau Coliseum when Alex Skolnick was their second guitarist.  The sound was amazing from there. 

With so much going on visually I don't mind sitting so far back to soak it all in.  But front row is front row!   Big Grin
They are awesome seats. I was on the floor in the fifth row center quite a few years back but I thought it sucked. I have a terrible back issue so when people in the rows ahead stood up it was a drag, and my wife is under five feet tall so it really sucked for her. Never did that again.
Always (literally every year) got right on the hockey boards PNC (formally RBC) (sections 105-104 or 118-119) about 8 rows back off of the stage. When everyone stands up you don't need to because that first row off of the floor sits perfect. The only way I get front row seating is by purchasing one ticket. I had tried many times when the old lady was tagging along but could never get them. Now that she has stopped going I have gotten front row near center stage two years in a row. Hope that at least one time in your TSO attending you'll be able to do a front row. You do miss a whole lot of other things going on as you said visually, but being right there and actually seeing that maybe that one female singer is not really that hot, that the one dude is pretty hefty at the belt line etc., it makes for an interesting time.
We're skipping this year. Like others, the same old, same old just doesn't spike the same level of excitement anymore. Plus my husband was just diagnosed with cancer & is recovering from having a kidney removed so we're staying away from crowds for teh foreseeable future.